Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoodsReceived.php - Partial Receipt
01-02-2024, 05:08 AM,
GoodsReceived.php - Partial Receipt
Hey guys,

I've been dealing with an issue regarding a purchase order, specifically related to partial receipts.

Assuming I have a purchase order with 5 items, after placing the order and printing it, due to certain reasons, I can only partially receive the items. In this case, out of the 5 items, I can only receive 3, and the remaining items will be supplied to us in a week. When I initiated the receipt process, entering the quantities for the 3 items and clicking on 'Receive,' I encountered the following error: "WARNING Report: This order has been changed or invoiced since this delivery was started to be actioned. Processing halted. To enter a delivery against this purchase order, it must be re-selected and re-read again to update the changes made by the other user."

The interface displayed the wrong items during the receipt process, as shown in the attached image.    

I then chose to 'Re-read the updated purchase order for receiving goods against,' but the same error persisted. Re-entering the purchase order and selecting 'pending' resulted in another error: "WARNING Report: This order could not have the status changed back to pending because some of it has already been received. Quantities received will need to be returned to change the order back to pending," including the 'cancelled' option.

I attempted to edit the order lines, trying to delete the two items I wasn't ready to receive, but encountered an error: "WARNING Report: This item cannot be deleted because some of it has already been received." At this point, I couldn't proceed with any operation.

Finally, without making any modifications, I selected 'process order,' and received a "SUCCESS Report: Purchase Order 21 has been updated."

Afterwards, I went back to the order lines, and successfully deleted the two items I couldn't receive at the moment.

So, does it mean that our purchase orders cannot support 'Partial Receipts,' and we have to either receive all items or none?