Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goods received suspense in GL
04-21-2021, 12:14 PM,
Goods received suspense in GL
Hi Folks

What could be the root cause of generating Goods Received Suspense entries in the GL?
Our invoices with non-stock items didn't show these initially, but recent ones do

See attachments

Thank you for your input!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-21-2021, 05:40 PM,
RE: Goods received suspense in GL
They shouldn't be showing for non-stock items. The comment in the code says:

"If the CurrentStandardCost != UnitCost the standard at the time the first delivery was booked in,  and its a stock item, then the difference needs to be booked in against the purchase price variance account"

I've had a very quick look, and I can't see when/where this has changed. I will try and make time later to look closer at this.

Tim
04-21-2021, 11:12 PM,
Hi Tim

I double checked by importing our entire database in a plain vanilla weberp 4.14 to make sure our custom scripts did not interfere and I still get the good received suspense line for a non-stock item

Thanks for looking into it!

04-22-2021, 02:23 AM,
Hi, is it possible to look back and see when this started happening so I can try and see when the code changed

Tim
04-22-2021, 03:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 03:38 AM by HDeriauFF.)
Hi Tim

Not sure if my timing can help:
I first see it around 07/2020, but by looking at more data today, I found other invoices from February 2021 where this was NOT happening
It seems to be happening every time for tests I did yesterday and today

Regarding code changes that is less likely:
We have been running version 4.14 since early 2018 and are still using this version (although heavily modified)
I tested with a 4.14 downloaded in December 2017 and placed orders yesterday and saw it
I downloaded a version 4.15 and tried to substitute only GoodsReceived.php with the one from version 4.14 but came to a hard stop at submission. I did not try a full 4.15 version

Attached is the last test invoice one I generated

Let me know

05-11-2021, 11:28 PM,
(04-22-2021, 02:23 AM)falkoner Wrote: Hi, is it possible to look back and see when this started happening so I can try and see when the code changed

Tim

Hi Tim

Please let me know if you had time to take a closer look at this issue.
Again, it's also happening with a stock webERP 4.14 in which we upload out current dataset

Thanks