Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential consulting job for site upgrade circa 2010
09-11-2020, 07:57 AM,
Potential consulting job for site upgrade circa 2010
Hello all, I was contacted by someone using a WebERP snapshot cira 2010 (you may have even have heard from them yourself...). Their sysadmin/support person in HK announced they would be unable to continue support next year. Just out of curiosity, is it likely a vanilla "2010" database will update cleanly using the upgrade scripts only?

Also, since I doubt I'm the best person for the job, what is the best way for a "user" to obtain commercial technical support? Is anyone making a business out of providing support services? 

So far I've only asked questions to better understand the scope, but would like to be able to propose a possible solution, which could be to just post an ad here themselves. On the other hand, perhaps there is value to having a go-between person to translate business-speak to developer-speak (and a big enough pie everyone is satisfied with their slice).

Cheers,
Dale
http://www.dalescott.net
09-11-2020, 04:52 PM,
RE: Potential consulting job for site upgrade circa 2010
In theory if you run each of the upgrade SQL scripts from the version they are on, to the current version then it should upgrade OK. However they may have customisations that their previous support company has implemented.

Exson (hexinfans@gmail.com) was offering support in HK, but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Tim