Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk Inventory Transfer
09-27-2019, 09:27 AM,
Bulk Inventory Transfer
Hi Tim,

When I bulk transfer the goods, there was a problem.

Of course, I want to ask a question at first, if I want to transfer all the goods in one warehouse to another, is it only this "BULK INVENTORY TRANSFER" or is there still another script that can move the whole goods.

If only this "Bulk inventory transfer", then I have to explain my operation and problems.

1- in Bulk inventory transfer-dispatch, I uploaded CSV file (this file included all stocks and quantities)

2- I got the error, "The part code entered of XXXXX is not set up in the database...."

3- But there is still right information at the bottom of the page that is displayed in the data frame.

4- Then I click on "create transfer shipment" and get another error again.

So if want to move goods, how to do?

Alex
09-27-2019, 07:45 PM,
RE: Bulk Inventory Transfer
I have just tried this on my system, and it works fine. So I am guessing there could be a problem with your csv file. Did you create it with Excel? I know at least at one time Excel had a non standard idea of what constituted the csv format, though it is a few years since I used Excel.

Perhaps you could send me the file on tim@weberpafrica.com for me to look at?

Tim
09-28-2019, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2019, 01:54 AM by TimSchofield.)
Hi Alex, thanks for sending me the file. This is indeed an interesting one :-)

I set up parts on my test system for BKT-120 and MD-B-03W-B22-ST. I then removed the other lines on your file, leaving these two. As happened with you, both lines were rejected. I noticed that the file was encoded as UTF-8 (with BOM), BOM in this sense meaning 'byte order mark' - was the file saved by Excel at some point?. This puts some unseen characters at the start of the file. Removing the BOM and trying again, the first line worked, but the second (MD-B-03W-B22-ST) was still rejected.

Then I copied and pasted the stock code from my system into the file, and hey, it now accepts both lines.

So the problem seems to be with the encoding. Cut a long story short, there appears to be an additional non visible character at the start of each line which is confusing the script (it thinks this is part of the stock code). The easiest thing to do at this stage is to go back to the way you generated the csv file, and look at the encoding at that point. Do you only use ASCII characters in your stock codes? If so, then specify this encoding.

Tim

===========

Perhaps an easier way is to force the script to chop off the first character of the stock code, so line 51 of StockLocTransfer.php becomes

$StockID = mb_substr($myrow[$i], 1);

This seems to work, but it is a bit of a fudge and you would have to remember to redo this change whenever you upgrade.
09-28-2019, 05:27 AM,
Hi Tim,

Yes, now dispatch is ok, but receive got other problem, please see photos.

Alex
09-28-2019, 07:32 AM,
I have just tried it here with a batch controlled item and it worked fine.

Silly question but those batches do exist in the despatching location don't they?

Tim
09-28-2019, 09:15 PM,
(09-28-2019, 07:32 AM)falkoner Wrote: I have just tried it here with a batch controlled item and it worked fine.

Silly question but those batches do exist in the despatching location don't they?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes, there are batches in first Warehouse, so it's mean that if we have batches in the first Warehouse, we can't move or have other solutions?

Alex
09-28-2019, 10:33 PM,
I am saying that the batches must exist in the despatching warehouse. On my system here if they are not present, then I get the same error message as you, but if they are present then all works as it should. That's why I asked Smile

Tim
09-29-2019, 12:37 AM,
Hi Tim,

Yes, I have these batches information in my original warehouse. The day before yesterday I dispatch the original warehouse goods out according to your modification, there is no error. But now the receiving warehouse needs to input the batches, I followed the batches of the original warehouse corresponded to the same number, but the results showed those error prompts. And the goods are still on the way, there is no way to receive the goods and there is no way to return to the original warehouse.

Alex