Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report Builder: Where is my custom report?
12-19-2017, 08:40 AM,
Report Builder: Where is my custom report?
I created a report with a type "Miscellaneous". Looked everywhere for a link to run it: can't find it.
I created several other reports all other categories (petty cash, inventory, purchases etc...) in the past and they show up just fine in the custom report section of the corresponding page.
Since there is no miscellaneous pageā€¦ how do you access a "miscellaneous" custom report?

Thank you for your help!
12-19-2017, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 10:13 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Report Builder: Where is my custom report?
At menu: Setup => System Parameters (first column), what is set to: "The directory where reports are stored" ?

The option set there is likely where the report may be found.
12-19-2017, 10:37 AM,
(12-19-2017, 10:12 AM)TurboPT Wrote: At menu: Setup => System Parameters (first column), what is set to: "The directory where reports are stored" ?

The option set there is likely where the report may be found.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my request. I'm not looking for the directory the files are created, I'm looking for the LINK in the webERP interface where I can click on to generate it.

When I created reports for "inventory", the link to render them appears at the bottom of the Inventory module, in the central column.

When a report is created with a "miscellaneous" type, it is nowhere to be found (since there is no "miscellaneous" module)

12-19-2017, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 01:24 PM by TurboPT.)
Ok, NOW I get what you were saying... (I had to dig into the code to cross check things)

If you create a report as 'miscellaneous', then this will NOT appear with any of the screen options for lacking a Miscellaneous tab/section.
(kinda like it would appear as a Utilities item, if nowhere else, perhaps?)

Is this correct?
12-19-2017, 01:32 PM,
(12-19-2017, 01:22 PM)TurboPT Wrote: Ok, NOW I get what you were saying... (I had to dig into the code to cross check things)

If you create a report as 'miscellaneous', then this will NOT appear with any of the screen options for lacking a Miscellaneous tab/section.
(kinda like it would appear as a Utilities item, if nowhere else, perhaps?)

Is this correct?

YES, that's what I meant.
And even worse, once the type type (in this case "miscellaneous") of a report is set, there is no way to change it when it's finished. I cannot move it to a place like inventory, where I should be able to see it and use it.
Right now it's in outer space :-)

12-19-2017, 01:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 01:47 PM by TurboPT.)
Can you check the reports table and see if there is only one entry that has 'misc' in the `groupname` column?

I'd like to try a small test to check the handling. ( I can give a SQL command to run for the check, if necessary )
12-19-2017, 01:48 PM,
(12-19-2017, 01:37 PM)TurboPT Wrote: Can you check the reports table and see if there is only one entry that has 'misc' in the `groupname` column?

I'd like to try a small test to check the handling.

Yes it's there. with one entry that has the value "misc" in "groupname"

I also can view and edit the report just fine in the custom builder tool (but the groupname is not editable once the report has been finished)

12-19-2017, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 02:23 PM by TurboPT.)
So, to make it appear with the Inventory section, change the groupname to: inv ... or to the Utilities section, change the groupname to: utils

See if that helps.
12-19-2017, 02:29 PM,
(12-19-2017, 02:22 PM)TurboPT Wrote: So, to make it appear with the Inventory section, change the groupname to: inv ... or to the Utilities section, change the groupname to: utils

See if that helps.

It does, thanks!

10-01-2019, 06:59 AM,
Hi Guys, I created a "Supplier List" but cannot find it anywhere on the interface. Even if I try to use the above suggested Report groupnames. I am using 4.15.1. The \reportwriter\admin\defaults.php that I have does not list "utils" as an option. Your help and time is appreciated.