Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Receive payments against a invoice
07-29-2013, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013, 12:20 PM by Raysir.)
[SOLVED] Receive payments against a invoice
Hi,

I am running 4.10.1 and cannot figure out how to accept a payment to satisfy Sales Invoices in the "Outstanding Transactions" section of the printed CustStatements_date_.pdf report.

When I click on and attempt to run the Receivables | Where Allocated Inquiry, it just hangs at the CustWhereAlloc.php script.

All my customers have at least one Branch assigned to them.

If I select a customer that has a Sales Invoice listed in the Outstanding Transactions section of the Customer Statements report, then click "Allocate Receipts OR Credit Notes", for that customer, I receive a message >>INFORMATION Message : No outstanding receipts or credits to be allocated for this customer.

I am at a loss as how to do this. I am not an accountant so some of this terminology is not familiar to me. Please help by telling what to click on to solve this problem.

Thanks,

ray

07-30-2013, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 04:36 AM by MacPhotoBiker.)
RE: Receive payments against a invoice
Hi Raysir,

did you try "Receivables -> Enter Receipts", and afterwards "Allocate payments"?

Or in other words, did you post a payment from your customer, and allocate the payment against the corresponding invoice(s)?

Keep in mind, you can't receive a payment directly against an invoice. You first have to receive it into the customers account, then from there you can allocate it against the invoice(s) you wish to.

I'd say this is not particular to webERP, but standard in most accounting programs.
MacPhotoBiker
Just Core Business Inc.
[url]http://www.justcorebusiness.com[/url]
07-30-2013, 01:51 PM,
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Following your steps allows me to do exactly what I need to do.

Ray

ps - I don't know if there is something I should do to mark this as "Solved".
07-30-2013, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013, 12:09 AM by MacPhotoBiker.)
Hi Raysir,

glad I could help.

In order to mark this issue as solved, please edit your initial post, and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject -> "[SOLVED] Receive payments against a invoice"
MacPhotoBiker
Just Core Business Inc.
[url]http://www.justcorebusiness.com[/url]