Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] More Flexible Invoice Layout
06-28-2013, 10:17 AM,
RE: More Flexible Invoice Layout
Hi Phil,

thanks a lot for your answer. I whole heartedly agree that with some simple PHP coding the invoice (like any document) can be perfectly customized. So far so good.

The reason why I'm a bit reluctant is basically the following.

Let's say I perfectly customize the invoice to my requirements. But then, sooner or later a new release will be published, and the changes will be overwritten. Sure, I could make a backup of that file, and after installing the update, I could restore it.

But what if the file in the release was modified, too? Then actually a "merged" version would be required, containing changes in both versions.

As for the wording, I would suggest a database table that contains all the different terms, this could be expanded even to different languages, like:

Parameter - English - Spanish
TermForInvoice - Invoice - Factura

There would be no trouble whatsoever with future updates, because the terms would be read from a database table, not being hard coded anywhere.

I think that in order to get more business customers, configuration should be possible without coding. From my customers, none would be able or even willing to do it. And it would be a lot of work for me to keep track of their individual changes.

But hey, that's just a conceptual comment, not a bug or even much of a problem.
MacPhotoBiker
Just Core Business Inc.
[url]http://www.justcorebusiness.com[/url]

Messages In This Thread
RE: More Flexible Invoice Layout - by phil - 06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: More Flexible Invoice Layout - by MacPhotoBiker - 06-28-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: More Flexible Invoice Layout - by phil - 06-28-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: More Flexible Invoice Layout - by phil - 07-18-2013, 07:25 AM