Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispatch Quantity Inconsistency
06-03-2023, 08:04 AM,
Dispatch Quantity Inconsistency
Inconsistency between displayed remaining quantity and inventory quantity during dispatch process

HiĀ  Weberp Partner

I have encountered a strange issue that I need assistance with:

When I enter "Confirm Dispatch and Invoice" and then proceed to "Enter Batch/Roll/Lot #" (as the product has batches), it prompts me to select the quantity for shipment.

Please refer to the attached image:

The displayed remaining quantity here is 5662 pcs, but in reality, our actual inventory has only 188 pcs left. What could be causing this discrepancy?

However, when I go back to "New Sales Order or Quotation," the displayed inventory quantity is accurate.

This poses a problem as it creates a discrepancy between the quantity ordered by the salesperson, the inventory quantity viewed by the warehouse manager, and the quantity known by the invoicing and shipping personnel. This can lead to errors easily.

I have tried creating a stock check process, adjusting the quantities based on the stock check data through "Compare Counts Vs Stock Check Data," but it did not resolve the quantity discrepancy in the shipment process.

In fact, almost all products have this quantity discrepancy, but many of them are not significant.

Is there any way to ensure consistency among these processes in the future? Furthermore, is there any immediate action I can take to rectify this error through a specific step?Please advise. Thank you!

Alex