Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SORRY! FOUND A PROBLEM AGAIN (PRICE LIST IMPORT .CSV)
10-01-2022, 10:29 PM,
SORRY! FOUND A PROBLEM AGAIN (PRICE LIST IMPORT .CSV)
Recently, we tried to adjust the price and need to adjust in large quantities, so we adopted the method of importing the csv file, but there was an error, please see the picture.

I double confirmed the format inside my csv file and there seems to be no error.

10-01-2022, 10:55 PM,
RE: SORRY! FOUND A PROBLEM AGAIN (PRICE LIST IMPORT .CSV)
Hi Alex, can you let me have the exact file you are trying to import. I have tried to recreate your file and it imports OK for me. If I can see the exact file it may be an encoding issue.

Thanks
Tim
10-01-2022, 11:10 PM,
(10-01-2022, 10:55 PM)TimSchofield Wrote: Hi Alex, can you let me have the exact file you are trying to import. I have tried to recreate your file and it imports OK for me. If I can see the exact file it may be an encoding issue.

Thanks
Tim
Hi Tim, 

Please check this

Thanks
Alex

.csv   Price List.csv (Size: 257 bytes / Downloads: 3)
10-01-2022, 11:11 PM,
Is this related to controllable and uncontrollable products?
10-01-2022, 11:27 PM,
There is a problem somehow with the encoding used in the headers. When I use your file it fails with the same error. When I replace the first line with the first line of my file it works.

I attach the working file for you to try yourself.

I haven't really got time to investigate right now so to get it working just try putting the first line of my file instead of yoiurs

Tim

Attached Files
.csv   Price List.csv (Size: 254 bytes / Downloads: 1)
10-01-2022, 11:43 PM,
(10-01-2022, 11:27 PM)TimSchofield Wrote: There is a problem somehow with the encoding used in the headers. When I use your file it fails with the same error. When I replace the first line with the first line of my file it works.

I attach the working file for you to try yourself.

I haven't really got time to investigate right now so to get it working just try putting the first line of my file instead of yoiurs

Tim
Hi Tim

Thank you very much for your help and understand that you have a very busy job.

I guess it is still a problem of conversion encoding. I used excel to make csv, but then I deleted the header by myself and rebuilding is useless. I will try your table first.

thanks again!

Alex
10-02-2022, 12:15 AM,
Tim,

You are right, the problem came from encoding
It seems to be the same problem last time, so I can't use excel to convert it in the future,
Thank you very much, and sorry to bother you with the same problem.

Alex
10-02-2022, 01:15 AM,
Hi Alex, I have heard of general problems with csv files created in Excel. As is often the case Microsoft went their own way on this. I always try to examine csv files in a plain text editor.

Neither you or anybody else should apologise for reporting any problems, even if it turns out not to be an error in webERP. Every problem reported helps to make webERP better and we are grateful for your reports. If my replies ever seem grumpy, that is because I am busy, not because I am upset at the report. :-)

Tim
10-09-2022, 12:08 AM,
Tim,

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Alex