Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A permission setting question.
09-16-2022, 08:50 PM,
A permission setting question.
I have a basic process here. The salesperson needs to place the order by himself. After the order is placed, he needs to print out the order for the warehousing staff to stock up. Then, according to the stocking situation and the order page, hand it over to the financial staff to print out the invoice or delivery paper.
However, it seems that the basic ordering and delivery in the system are all within one authority, and there is no way to separate them out.
Is there a way to adjust in which one of the deeper settings?
09-16-2022, 11:32 PM,
RE: A permission setting question.
The security system is very complex, but also very flexible. You are not stuck with any of the defaults.

You can create an unlimited number of security tokens of your own. Each script (in other words each action such as "placing an order" "printing an order" and "invoicing an order") can have their own security token attached to it. You can also create an unlimited number of security roles, such as "salesman". Each security role can have an unlimited number of security tokens attached to it, defining what actions the role can make. Then each user is assigned a role.

This allows quite fine grained security, but it requires careful planning. When doing a new installation for a customer, one of the first things I do is sit them down and define the security structure for their company.

Tim
09-17-2022, 03:45 AM,
RE: A permission setting question.
Yes, Tim,

It is really too subdivided, but this is also very effective, but we must have great patience to analyze and set step by step, because we don’t know enough about each token, we need to try many times.
Looks like I need to spend some time to understand and try
Tim, thank you for your explain.

Alex