Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Product Specification or CofA
06-30-2022, 01:22 PM,
Print Product Specification or CofA
I was experimenting with Quality Assurance module and it was working as expected.
After editing some of existing product specification, the printing product spec or printing CofA stop working for all the products, not just for one that I changed.
It will generate pdf with a header and footer with no data. But it will draw the one line per method group. html reports are not effected, only pdf generator.
I analyzed db table, compared to older one that has a good data and can't find the culprit, very strange.
I also created test env. with good and bad db, on the same webERP source and it is behave the same, good db produces expected output, and bad db does not.
How I should trace this problem, any ideas?
Thank you
Srdjan
10-28-2022, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 04:51 AM by srdjanm.)
RE: Print Product Specification or CofA
I'm still trying to make this work.
With latest version 4.15.2 and totally new company, fresh database or demo company data I get same results, the pdf file of Product Specification or Certificate of Analysis has no specification or the test data, the pdf is empty, just header and footer. I attached the screenshot of Product Specification and pdf file of the same.
Does anyone experience the same problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Plant_P_ProductSpecification_2022-10-27.pdf (Size: 11.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
11-06-2022, 02:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 03:01 AM by TurboPT.)
Apologies on the delay, I was out of the country last week...

Product specification is an area that I've never used; however, I was able to create a spec, and it appears in the PDF when viewed.

The PDF content is dynamically output for the PDFProdSpec, so there is no xml file involved.

Are there any clues in the server error log? (errors/notices)
What file(s) were modified? The PDFProdSpec.php file has not changed in 5 years.

Something that may help while working with the files, have the server error log tailing in a separate terminal:
Code:
$ tail -F apache/logs/error.log
[Wed Nov 02 23:14:30.724961 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5900:tid 252] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Nov 02 23:14:31.149084 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5900:tid 252] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
... press enter in the terminal to add a few blank separation lines, and then check the terminal for additional output as you navigate the files in the app.
11-28-2022, 12:34 PM,
Thank you for reply!
There is nothing in the web server log. No php file was modified.
What version of php do you use?
I have php 7.4.10 on production server and 7.4.3 on dev server
11-30-2022, 02:18 PM,
Problem solved.
In "QA Tests Maintenance" screen (file QATests.php) , the Group by is a text box, free text.
In Print Product Spec, file PDFProdSpec.php, there is hard coded values for groupby column (mysql table qatests), array variable SectionsArray. line 129
The hard coded value is PhysicalProperty!!!
Thus if one by luck enter PhysicalProperty in "QA Tests Maintenance", Group By box, then Print Product Spec or Certificate of Analysis will work.
Comment:
In "QA Tests Maintenance" the Group by should be a text box, free text, so one can group by: Physical Property, Chemical Property, Organoleptic ect.
Fix should be done in PDFProdSpec.php file. I'll try to implement the fix
12-02-2022, 12:59 PM,
To PHP, I either have 7.3.x or 7.4.x, I'm not 100% sure which, but definitely not yet on version 8+.