Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP error without warning when logging is enabled - SOLVED
05-12-2022, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 02:05 AM by dalescott.)
RE: PHP error when attempting to delete user
(05-11-2022, 10:47 AM)TurboPT Wrote: I had one other thought that might help me check... What is set, if anything, to Setup => System Parameters => Path to log files ?

Eureka! Yes, footer.php fails because the log file cannot be written to because the path specified in [Setup => System Parameters => Path to log files ] does not exist.

I set the path to a directory the Apache user has write permission to and now all is ok. My apologies, I should have been able to sort this on my own.

Do you want to keep the edit to footer.php? I can submit a pull request if this is an improvement, otherwise I will revert my local code.

Also, how should I interpret the log file? Does the following simply indicate that user dalescott attempted two actions at the indicated times? (presumably the first was to change the log file path, and the second was the attempted delete). 

Code:
dale@whizzer:~ % cat /usr/local/www/weberp_log/weberp.log
2022-05-11 09-05-08,,dalescott,
2022-05-11 09-05-36,,dalescott,
dale@whizzer:~ %
http://www.dalescott.net

Messages In This Thread
RE: PHP error when attempting to delete user - by dalescott - 05-12-2022, 02:00 AM