Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated themes
05-09-2021, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 11:57 PM by TimSchofield.)
Updated themes
A while ago a colleague reworked the themes on our code that our customers use.  I like the look that he has achieved, and he has copied them over onto the webERP code. Below are screenshots of how this looks:

05-09-2021, 11:56 PM,
RE: Updated themes
(05-09-2021, 11:54 PM)falkoner Wrote: A while ago a colleague reworked the themes on our code that our customers use.  I like the llok that he has achieved, and he has copied them over onto the webERP code. Below are screenshots of how this looks:
And here are the other 5:

Does anybody have any objections to us pushing these chanages?

Tim
05-10-2021, 01:11 AM,
No objections from me.
05-10-2021, 04:04 AM,
Thanks Paul
05-11-2021, 12:28 AM,
I am the colleague Tim said that made these updated themes. There are some things that should be mentioned as well as what Tim said:

1 header.php detects if a rtl language is being used and uses a version of the theme for that direction.
2 There is a lot of css in these themes (<fieldset> for example) not currently used but webERP should think of using so I left it in.
3 There is a lot of wastage. For instance in each theme everything is duplicated in the rtl css so if you change one file you must change both. what needs doing is all common css going into one file, then an additional small css files for each of ltr and rtl specific css. This is neater, and reduces size. I didn't have time to do this so chose the idle way :-) If anybody wants to have a go and learn on the way I would be happy to help.
4 This is a start point not an end point and I know they can be improved on, so all suggestions welcome :-)
5 I made an example demo so you can see it working on one of our servers https://weberp.kwamoja.org username/password admin/weberp

- J
05-11-2021, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 12:17 PM by TurboPT.)
Thanks for the info @JuergenM, I can definitely agree with #3. I believe the same situation exists within other non-(rtl/ltr) files as well?
05-11-2021, 07:24 PM,
You are right @TurboPT. There should be a single top level css file for styles that are common to all the themes and then another file for each theme containing the styles common to both directions, and then a third for styles appropriate to the theme/direction. Oh and one set of images for each theme. It does need work but I think it looks better so have issued PR on github.

- J
03-10-2024, 05:43 PM,
(05-09-2021, 11:54 PM)TimSchofield Wrote: A while ago a colleague reworked the themes on our code that our customers use.  I like the look that he has achieved, and he has copied them over onto the webERP code. Below are screenshots of how this looks:
I like the theming effort by Andy (afcouling), it's beautiful and modern!

Why not working on it?

Thanks!