Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot browse stockmoves in phpmyadmin
11-11-2020, 07:30 AM,
cannot browse stockmoves in phpmyadmin

Hi Folks

What could cause the stockmoves table to be impossible to browse with phpmyadmin?
the query "SELECT * FROM stockmoves" triggered by a click on "Browse" causes an error (see screenshot) that makes the server go away and I'm unable to perform any further action in phpmyadmin and can sometimes be logged out of webERP and unable to log back in for a few minutes

WebERP doesn't seem to be affected by this issue otherwise if I don't access this table in phpmyadmin

Thank you for your input!
11-11-2020, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 10:51 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: cannot browse stockmoves in phpmyadmin
I cannot reproduce the same with my phpMyAdmin, so it's not clear to me what the situation may be? (I only have about 10 rows in my table, though)

The query:
Code:
SELECT * FROM stockmoves;

Does not cause trouble, however the:

Code:
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = ON;

Seems to imply that some other SQL may be involved?

If so, then maybe that statement needs:

Code:
SET GLOBAL FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = ON;

... instead?
11-11-2020, 11:13 AM,
RE: cannot browse stockmoves in phpmyadmin
Doing some research it might this:
"Server dropped an incorrect or too large packet. If mysqld gets a packet that is too large or incorrect, it assumes that something has gone wrong with the client and closes the connection. To fix, you can increase the maximal packet size limit max_allowed_packet in my.cnf file, eg. set max_allowed_packet = 128M, then restart your MySQL server: sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart"

I will try to increase max_allowed_packet and see what happens

Thank you for your input!