Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to assemble three finished products into a new one and sell.
11-07-2019, 02:28 AM,
How to assemble three finished products into a new one and sell.
Hi all,

I have a question here and I want to ask everyone for help.

I have three products, all of which are obtained through purchasing, then can be sold as finished products, or can be assembled as accessories and then sell it. So how to achieve it in the WEBERP system?

For example:
A -> SOLD usd3.00
B -> SOLD usd2.00
C -> SOLD usd1.50
I want to assemble these three parts to a new product D, then sell it.

So how to do?

Alex
11-07-2019, 08:29 AM,
RE: How to assemble three finished products into a new one and sell.
Hi Alex, you use the manufacturing module. Create a new stock item D, and set it as a manufactured item. Then create a bill of materials for D, containing 1 each of A, B, and C. Then create a work order to create any number you require of part D, and this work order should then have A, B, and C issued to it. Once that work order is received and closed you should find that you now have a stock of part D, and that the stock levels for A, B, and C should have been correctly depleted.

See the manual pages for a more detailed explanation.

Thanks
Tim
11-07-2019, 08:26 PM,
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your help!!!

I am using this part for the first time, let me try it first. If there is any problem, I will ask you again.

Thanks again

Alex
11-07-2019, 09:44 PM,
(11-07-2019, 08:29 AM)falkoner Wrote: Hi Alex, you use the manufacturing module. Create a new stock item D, and set it as a manufactured item. Then create a bill of materials for D, containing 1 each of A, B, and C. Then create a work order to create any number you require of part D, and this work order should then have A, B, and C issued to it. Once that work order is received and closed you should find that you now have a stock of part D, and that the stock levels for A, B, and C should have been correctly depleted.

See the manual pages for a more detailed explanation.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I have another situation here, such as:
A=(A1+B1) is a finished product on sale.
B2 is also a finished product in sales.
C is also a finished product in sales.
Now I need to make a product D, but the B1 in it has to be extracted into an independent saleable product.
So it became the A+B2+C combinate and split into D and B1. Can this be achieved?

Alex
11-07-2019, 11:55 PM,
I'm not sure if I have understood correctly. If you are asking whether one BOM can have two distinct outputs, then the answer is no it can't.

Tim
11-08-2019, 02:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 02:26 AM by ALEXSHEN.)
(11-07-2019, 11:55 PM)falkoner Wrote: I'm not sure if I have understood correctly. If you are asking whether one BOM can have two distinct outputs, then the answer is no it can't.

Tim

Yes, it is, I want a BOM can have two distinct outputs.
Hi Tim,

But as I mentioned above, do you have a better way to solve it from other side?

The way I only think of it now is that when I purchase Item.A(A1+B1), I will split and put them into the warehouse according to A1 and B1, and then, if I want to sell Item.A, I will assemble A1 and B1. If you want to sell the Item.D, I will assemble the A1 and B2, but this method will be very cumbersome in the specific operation process.

Alex