Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fulfill Stock Requests doesn't update
09-20-2019, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 11:49 PM by wissedenis22.)
Fulfill Stock Requests doesn't update
Hello,
thanks for the good work! but i have a problem that from no where i can no longer Fulfill Stock Requests! when i try to tick the check box and I update the internal stock, it doesn't update at all, another thing is what does "Stock item is not controlled" mean.

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-21-2019, 01:56 AM,
RE: Fulfill Stock Requests doesn't update
Hi,

Quote:what does "Stock item is not controlled" mean.
From the manual:

"Controlled

This field denotes whether the item is to have lot control on it. Lot control is known by several terms including, batch control, bundle control, roll control. In short it allows a reference for each batch of the item to be entered at the time of delivery, transfer, stock check, invoicing etc. When booking in controlled items the batch references and the quantities in each batch must be entered. Many quality control systems that require traceability of raw materials need this functionality to establish what batch of raw material was used in a given work order. Or what roll of cloth was sold to a given customer. Other industries call their lots of product by different names a melt, a cut, a run etc. Every time a transaction involving a controlled item is created, the system will accumulate the quantity from a separate form for selecting the batches (Lot/roll/melt/work order/serial numbers).

Serialised

Serialised is a special case of controlled where the batch size is always one. The system will prompt for the serial number of each item of stock being received and stock records will be maintained for all serial numbers separately. Serialised does not have any effect if controlled is not set."

======

You say that the stock request fulfilment was working, but now isn't. For this to happen you must have changed something, such as upgrading, or a customisation. I would need to know what has been done before I can help you. The same code working on the same database structure will not suddenly change it's behaviour.

Thanks
Tim
09-23-2019, 04:04 AM,
(09-21-2019, 01:56 AM)falkoner Wrote: Hi,

Quote:what does "Stock item is not controlled" mean.
From the manual:

"Controlled

This field denotes whether the item is to have lot control on it. Lot control is known by several terms including, batch control, bundle control, roll control. In short it allows a reference for each batch of the item to be entered at the time of delivery, transfer, stock check, invoicing etc. When booking in controlled items the batch references and the quantities in each batch must be entered. Many quality control systems that require traceability of raw materials need this functionality to establish what batch of raw material was used in a given work order. Or what roll of cloth was sold to a given customer. Other industries call their lots of product by different names a melt, a cut, a run etc. Every time a transaction involving a controlled item is created, the system will accumulate the quantity from a separate form for selecting the batches (Lot/roll/melt/work order/serial numbers).

Serialised

Serialised is a special case of controlled where the batch size is always one. The system will prompt for the serial number of each item of stock being received and stock records will be maintained for all serial numbers separately. Serialised does not have any effect if controlled is not set."

======

You say that the stock request fulfilment was working, but now isn't. For this to happen you must have changed something, such as upgrading, or a customisation. I would need to know what has been done before I can help you. The same code working on the same database structure will not suddenly change it's behavior.

Thanks
Tim

Hello thanks for the reply

I only added a user with stock admin rights.

But fulfilling stock requests by the stock controller for one category of stocks (Spares) in a particular location has failed to be successful.

Even the system admin cannot fulfill these stock requests (a situation that seams abnormal). For only that category
09-23-2019, 07:50 AM,
Well you say that at one point it was working, and then it wasn't. Something must have changed between it working and not working. Without some sort of a clue as to what that was I cannot help you.

Did you get any error messages, you say it doesn't update, but you don't give me any other hints as to what happens.

Thanks
Tim
09-23-2019, 05:18 PM,
I did find some problems with the script to create internal stock requests which I have fixed, but can find no problems with the fulfilment script.

Paul: I have sent a pull request.

Tim
09-24-2019, 01:26 AM,
(09-23-2019, 05:18 PM)falkoner Wrote: I did find some problems with the script to create internal stock requests which I have fixed, but can find no problems with the fulfilment script.

Paul: I have sent a pull request.

Tim

Hello, gud day!

like i said No upgrades no, configuration,
but today I got a backup for 30th August and replaced it with the current the DB and when i checked in error_log file i found some error;
Code:
22-Sep-2019 16:46:39 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
[23-Sep-2019 17:19:54 Africa/Kampala] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8
Stack trace:
#0 /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php(42): GetNextTransNo(17)
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc on line 8
[23-Sep-2019 17:20:50 Africa/Kampala] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8
Stack trace:
#0 /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php(42): GetNextTransNo(17)
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc on line 8
[23-Sep-2019 17:23:20 Africa/Kampala] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8
Stack trace:
#1 {main}
[23-Sep-2019 17:43:29 Africa/Kampala] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8
Stack trace:
#1 {main}

Please i use version 4.14.1
09-24-2019, 01:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 02:06 AM by TimSchofield.)
Great stuff, error logs give us something to work with. The relevant bit is:

Code:
Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8

The GetNextTrans() function used to take two parameters :
Function GetNextTransNo ($TransType, &$db)
but now just takes one:
Function GetNextTransNo ($TransType)

The change happened in March 2018 by the following commit: https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...8c2e35e3be done by Paul.

As you can see in that commit both the includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc script and the InternalStockRequestFulfill.php script were changed at the same time to just have the one parameter. The conclusion is that your includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc script is from pre March 2018, whereas your InternalStockRequestFulfill.php is more recent. It appears that a partial upgrade has been done at some time (presumably recently as this is a recently occurring problem).

My advice would be to upgrade to the latest version (ensuring you have a full backup first). As you seem to have a mixed installation this may give problems but should be ok, but that is why you must backup everything, code and data.

Tim

========

Looking more at the logs, it is possible you upgraded PHP versions lately, and that the old version was possibly masking the problems caused by the partial upgrade. Not sure about that though
09-24-2019, 04:37 PM,
(09-24-2019, 01:53 AM)falkoner Wrote: Great stuff, error logs give us something to work with. The relevant bit is:

Code:
Too few arguments to function GetNextTransNo(), 1 passed in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/InternalStockRequestFulfill.php on line 42 and exactly 2 expected in /home/papertoils/public_html/ptldemo/includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc:8

The GetNextTrans() function used to take two parameters :
Function GetNextTransNo ($TransType, &$db)
but now just takes one:
Function GetNextTransNo ($TransType)

The change happened in March 2018 by the following commit: https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...8c2e35e3be done by Paul.

As you can see in that commit both the includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc script and the InternalStockRequestFulfill.php script were changed at the same time to just have the one parameter. The conclusion is that your includes/SQL_CommonFunctions.inc script is from pre March 2018, whereas your InternalStockRequestFulfill.php is more recent. It appears that a partial upgrade has been done at some time (presumably recently as this is a recently occurring problem).

My advice would be to upgrade to the latest version (ensuring you have a full backup first). As you seem to have a mixed installation this may give problems but should be ok, but that is why you must backup everything, code and data.

Tim

========

Looking more at the logs, it is possible you upgraded PHP versions lately, and that the old version was possibly masking the problems caused by the partial upgrade. Not sure about that though

yes you are right I had copied the newer file from the new version of .15 but i restored again and i checked in the error log again
Code:
24-Sep-2019 05:57:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

so i went to php.ini and made some changes to max_input_vars and set it 2500 and everything seemed to be ok.