Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Category Maintenance
09-17-2019, 07:04 AM,
Sales Category Maintenance
Hi all,

When I try to set sales category, I got the error 1366.

When I try to set the items brand, also I got the error 1366.

What's happen?

Alex
09-17-2019, 07:42 AM,
RE: Sales Category Maintenance
To be honest, I have never used the sales category functionality, and don't fully understand the point of it - I think it was to do with Phil's web shop.

The script is a bit flaky, but can be made to work. First you need to create a sub-category (LED Bulb lamp in your example) and then click "Submit Information" to add this sub category. This should then appear in a table with several options to the right of the row, "Select", "Edit", "Delete". Choose Select. Now select an item from the bottom of the screen, and choose a brand. Then click "Add Item To Sales Category" and the item is created. This isn't very intuitive, but works on my test system here.

Hope this helps,
Tim
09-17-2019, 08:38 AM,
(09-17-2019, 07:42 AM)falkoner Wrote: To be honest, I have never used the sales category functionality, and don't fully understand the point of it - I think it was to do with Phil's web shop.

The script is a bit flaky, but can be made to work. First you need to create a sub-category (LED Bulb lamp in your example) and then click "Submit Information" to add this sub category. This should then appear in a table with several options to the right of the row, "Select", "Edit", "Delete". Choose Select. Now select an item from the bottom of the screen, and choose a brand. Then click "Add Item To Sales Category" and the item is created. This isn't very intuitive, but works on my test system here.

Hope this helps,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Seems even a sub-category also cannot. ok, it is not important for me this moment, I just want our goods more easily check, but now I gave up.

Any way, thank you very much

Alex
09-17-2019, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 01:35 PM by phil.)
Yes this sales category stuff is used for defining the categories that are displayed inside the webSHOP - the categories are all shown and clicking on a category in webSHOP displays those items. It is about selling.
You first enter the category then once the category is defined you can add items to it - or create sub-categories.

I am thinking you are trying to enter the category and allocate an item to that category in one operation ... sadly you must enter the category first then add the item to that category.

Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
09-17-2019, 05:08 PM,
(09-17-2019, 08:38 AM)ALEXSHEN Wrote: Hi Tim,

Seems even a sub-category also cannot. ok, it is not important for me this moment, I just want our goods more easily check, but now I gave up.

Any way, thank you very much

Alex

Hi Alex, did you follow the steps exactly as I described? I did it on my system as I typed, and it worked fine. As I said, it's not very intuitive, but it does work.

Tim
09-17-2019, 08:33 PM,
Quote:Hi Alex, did you follow the steps exactly as I described? I did it on my system as I typed, and it worked fine. As I said, it's not very intuitive, but it does work.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I tried, but for my side, seems can't, always error 1366, some weeks ago, I tried one time, it was worked well, but that time, some information was not ready, so I canceled it, but now can not.

Alex

09-23-2019, 11:58 PM,
I have re-written this script, to remove the bugs, make it more intuitive to use, and to make it conform to the project guidelines. Would be really nice if someone were to check it before I commit.

Thanks
Tim

.php   SalesCategories.php (Size: 18.95 KB / Downloads: 5)
09-24-2019, 02:45 AM,
Hi Tim,

I have tried it, it's great, intuitive and easier, but I have a suggestion that it would be better if we could search for items by this category.

Alex
09-24-2019, 07:29 AM,
Thanks Alex. Can you explain further what you mean about the search? For instance where you mean?

Tim
09-24-2019, 08:10 PM,
Hi Tim,

I mean that if you can add this search to Inventory Material Management, it will be more useful to us.

Please see the attachment photo

Alex