Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum admin help question
05-11-2021, 12:36 AM,
Forum admin help question
A friend of mine tried to register from the Netherlands today, and it informed him he was a spammer and rejected his application. I tried to register for him from my office here in the UK and it said I was a spammer and rejected it. From other emails I have received this seems to be what happens whenever anyone tries to register which is clearly suboptimal Smile In the end I haad to use the admin interface to create his account.

So, my question is does anybody have enough knowledge of administrating a MyBB forum to sort this out?

Tim
05-11-2021, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 12:10 PM by TurboPT.)
RE: Forum admin help question
I'll try a registration too and see what I get. I've been wondering how the newer forum (v1.6.x => 1.8.x) may handle the registrations.

=====

UPDATE:

Yep, I saw the same, and it should be working now.

I had to revert a default template (as found in the MyBB forums related to that spammers message), and after trying another registration (using the same values as the first attempt), worked.

I set the registration to be an email-based activation process. (this is a separate setting, not related to the template)
05-11-2021, 04:27 PM,
RE: Forum admin help question
Thanks Paul