Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Order Acknowledgement is incorrect
06-07-2019, 06:02 AM,
Sales Order Acknowledgement is incorrect
The new Acknowledge feature in SelectSalesOrders.php has many limitations. As written it doesn’t show customer discounts. Several years ago we hacked the quotation printing and added an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT feature to SelectSalesOrders.php. If we didn’t submit the files at that time, we should have. Attached are the following files:

SelectSalesOrders.php – only one line is changed:

Line No. 977: $PrintAck = $RootPath . '/PDFCustOrderConfPortrait.php?OrderNumber=' . $myrow['orderno'];
Two new routines were created based on the Quotation printing scripts:

PDFCustOrderConfPortrait.php
includes/PDFCustOrderConfPortraitPageHeader.inc

The resulting output is a complete reflection of the order and the applicable pricing.

Attached Files
.php   PDFCustOrderConfPortrait.php (Size: 9.54 KB / Downloads: 4)
.zip   PDFCustOrderConfPortraitPageHeader.zip (Size: 1.71 KB / Downloads: 4)
06-07-2019, 07:31 AM,
RE: Sales Order Acknowledgement is incorrect
Thanks Bob, I have hazy memories of a discussion like this but wouldn't stake anything on it. If I had received them I would have committed them I am sure, as that was always my policy but maybe it wasn't me.

The changes look good, the only issue is whether to hold them till after Paul has done his release this weekend.

Tim
06-07-2019, 11:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 12:18 PM by TurboPT.)
Tim, it is curious that the PDFCustOrderConfPortraitPageHeader.inc file has SVN version 6824, but I don't see these files in the repository.

Were these possibly eliminated for some reason, renamed, or superseded by other files, perhaps? I'll have to back-check...
(the archive date/time for the SVN version 2014-08-16 is not listed)

I see that EmailConfirmation.php might have superseded a portion of those files, maybe.

Anyway, if they don't make this release, I'll do another around Oct. 1st.
(I should have cut a release sooner. I realize, this round, that the release steps that I added last year have eased the process)
06-07-2019, 05:33 PM,
Hi Paul, the SVN tag line is just left over from the code that Bob's people used to model these changes on (it often happens). I attach the patch file for 6824 for your info (I backed up all the patch files before moving the project over to Git).

You need to decide whether this fixes a bug that prevents the code working as it should, or if this enhances the functionality. The former means it should be included in this release, the latter means it probably shouldn't.

Tim

.gz   6824.diff.tar.gz (Size: 2.29 KB / Downloads: 2)
06-10-2019, 10:08 AM,
Since I'm not 100% sure on this one, it'll wait until after release.

I'll do another release in August, if necessary.