Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
login issue after install
12-14-2018, 04:02 PM,
login issue after install
just installed weberp on xampp version 7.2 and went to log on with default username and password. then I get this blank screen..(see attachment). then if I hit the back button on the browser I get this screen(see attachment) any clue of what is causing this.        
12-14-2018, 06:20 PM,
RE: login issue after install
There is an issue with the installer. There are a number of threads with the solution if you search for it.

Thanks
Tim
12-15-2018, 03:12 AM,
(12-14-2018, 04:02 PM)rjonesbsink Wrote: just installed weberp on xampp version 7.2 and went to log on with default username and password. then I get this blank screen..(see attachment). then if I hit the back button on the browser I get this screen(see attachment) any clue of what is causing this.

check config.php for database username and password to be correct.
check companies folder for company with database name.

Thanks
Swaminathan
12-16-2018, 02:33 AM,
I checked my config.php file and the database connection match and I checked the company folder for the matching company name and it does. how long should the installer take once you press the install button
12-16-2018, 03:34 AM,
Did you check the installer issue I mentioned? I have done the search for you:

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=8167
12-17-2018, 06:13 AM,
(12-16-2018, 03:34 AM)falkoner Wrote: Did you check the installer issue I mentioned? I have done the search for you:

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=8167

I didn't see your message until now and wasn't able to do what you have suggested. I uninstalled it from the database and my htdocs folder and went to GitHub and downloaded weberp from there. installed it and logged in with no issue. how much of a difference is the GitHub and sourceforge files tim
12-17-2018, 06:33 AM,
There are many differences in different places.

The one that interests you is that there is an issue with the installer on the last release that you will have downloaded from sourceforge. I fixed that in the Github files and it should install without issue.

I believe Paul T is going to do a new release which will contain my fix for the installer.
12-17-2018, 08:57 AM,
(12-17-2018, 06:33 AM)falkoner Wrote: There are many differences in different places.

The one that interests you is that there is an issue with the installer on the last release that you will have downloaded from sourceforge. I fixed that in the Github files and it should install without issue.

I believe Paul T is going to do a new release which will contain my fix for the installer.

Thank You.
12-19-2018, 10:09 PM,
This seems to have become a very common question and while I am sure docs state to run SQL upgrade scripts many seem to be missing this critical step. Is there not some way to cause webERP to run the SQL upgrade script(s) when the files are manually updated to a newer version? Can we have some sort of function in index.php that checks its version with that in config?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-19-2018, 10:28 PM,
Years ago I proposed a system where database upgrades were put in small individual files, named by sequential numbers. I used php files for this, so that some sanity checks could happen before the upgrade was done. These files would be 1.php, 2.php etc. So for instance the database changes necessary for Phil's recent timesheets work would have been in their own separate file. Then on each login the highest file number in the directory containing these files is checked against the latest one that has been applied, and if there are unapplied files it would apply them.

At the time it was decided that the extra micro seconds involved in the sanity checks every time an update was applied was too much overhead. I use this system on my customers code, and it works well, making it easy to push updates to their servers.

Perhaps we should look at doing something similar, but taking out the sanity checks which was the main objection at the time?

Tim