Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitals Missing From New BoMs?
12-08-2018, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 02:17 AM by VortecCPI.)
Digitals Missing From New BoMs?
BOMs.php

The old version made use of the field "digitals" while the new version does not.

is this on purpose or did we miss something when we brought over the new script?
We are also missing the old print feature...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-08-2018, 06:09 PM,
RE: Digitals Missing From New BoMs?
As far as I could see the only reason for the digitals field was to enable sequence numbers to be a floating point number. I can't think of any circumstances where this would be necessary so I left it out. Sequence numbers should be integers.

If however somebody has a use for this I would be happy to include it.

Tim
12-08-2018, 08:26 PM,
I have added a print icon to print the BOM from the entry screen.

Thanks
Tim
12-08-2018, 11:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 11:39 PM by VortecCPI.)
What about backwards compatibility?

"15/05/16 Exson: Add sequence digitals to make BOM sequences can be adjusted flexible and avoid any uncertainty of the number stored in SQL. Thanks Tim's suggestion."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-09-2018, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 01:20 AM by TimSchofield.)
That's a different Tim, I was opposed to that change at the time and had an exchange of emails with Exson on the subject.

The thing is that the sequence number doesn't actually do anything anyway. The guy who wrote the original sequence number code had plans for it, but got put off, and I think works on Frontaccounting these days, so never finished the functionality he was aiming for. Originally it was written as an integer, as sequence numbers normally are. If there are users who use floating point numbers as sequence numbers (are you saying you do?) then I am happy to look again at it, I just couldn't see any use case for it and it just added unnecessary complexity. Our aim in webERP has always been to keep things simple wherever possible.

I put a button on the screen to renumber the sequence of the BOM in steps of 10 if people wanted it, and as I remember if somebody did have a sequence number of 3.14 that will now be shown as 314, so the sequence should still be maintained.

Tim