Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webERP 4.15 on hosted server sales order error
11-29-2018, 04:18 AM,
webERP 4.15 on hosted server sales order error
I have hosted webERp 4.15 on godaddy, hosted server.
before that I used and checked all functions on local machine on Xampp.

After installing on hosted server and while attempting to enter sales order,
when I press the place order button on DeliveryDetails.php I get a screen with only header and footer. nothing is inserted into sales order table.
the same database works fine when I run on local machine with Xampp.

I tried editing config.php - replacing 'localhost' with my hosted database remote access IP address, I get same screen.
It seems something wrong while insert into- sales order table but no error message is visible.
Please Help resolving this
Thanks
Thanks
Swaminathan
11-29-2018, 04:51 AM,
RE: webERP 4.15 on hosted server sales order error
Check your web server logs, this sounds like an error is happening with PHP which you should find in the logs. If you do and it doesn't help please post the entry in the logs here.

Tim
11-29-2018, 02:04 PM,
Thanks Tim,
I checked but found nothing relevant in the error log, in fact the error logs are dated long back in August 2018.
no recent error record found.
Thanks
Swaminathan
11-29-2018, 10:02 PM,
the version 4.15 seems to hide Sql error messages, does this needs to be enabled?
I figured this by installing both Ver. 4.13 and 4.15 on the same server and connected to common database.
database upgraded to 4.15 but php scripts in version 4.13 are same.
now the error has shifted from sales order entry to pdf invoice printing. with ver. 4.13 I get relevant Sql error message.
the same is not true with ver. 4.15. It throws a blank page or only header and footer.
anticipating help to resolve this.
Thanks

Thanks
Swaminathan
12-02-2018, 04:08 AM,
(11-29-2018, 04:51 AM)falkoner Wrote: Check your web server logs, this sounds like an error is happening with PHP which you should find in the logs. If you do and it doesn't help please post the entry in the logs here.

Tim

Hi Tim,
the error longing on the godaddy server is not working.
I have turned on display error and notice. now I get the following errors on the dashboard page-
Notice: Undefined variable: ScriptName in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/includes/footer.php on line 76

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowAdd in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/includes/footer.php on line 78

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowDel in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/includes/footer.php on line 78

when I proceed to sales order entry and on select items i get-
Notice: Undefined variable: j in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/SelectOrderItems.php on line 1768

Notice: Undefined variable: j in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/SelectOrderItems.php on line 1769

Notice: Undefined variable: j in /home/xxxx.com/public_html/htdocs/SelectOrderItems.php on line 1772.

still proceeding to enter order something seems to prevent executing -insert into salesorder SQl.
No SQL error message is visible, the same database and scripts are working fine on local xampp server.

Please help

Thanks
Swaminathan
12-02-2018, 09:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 09:14 AM by phil.)
Well, I recall I found an error with the new message display code in 4.15 - from the doc/changelog.md

Quote:Fix error in prnMsg display - DB errors were not reported - had to define $Messages as global inside DB_query function| Fixed | Phil | 2018-10-20 |

the symptoms were exactly this - no messages were displayed showing SQL errors as they are generated from within the DB_query function - I suspect there is some database issue here and you can diagnose it because the error is not reported.

Just recently, a new user had an issue creating the database due to the date defaults '0000-00-00' - new versions of mysql don't allow this so the DB creation fails miserably. the DB creation script needs to be changed to default dates to '1000-01-01' instead with a find '0000-00-00' and replace '1000-01-01'. We really need a new version released ASAP to get these horrid issues fixed - I know Paul T is all over it
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
12-02-2018, 01:12 PM,
(12-02-2018, 09:13 AM)phil Wrote: Well, I recall I found an error with the new message display code in 4.15 - from the doc/changelog.md

Quote:Fix error in prnMsg display - DB errors were not reported - had to define $Messages as global inside DB_query function| Fixed | Phil | 2018-10-20 |

the symptoms were exactly this - no messages were displayed showing SQL errors as they are generated from within the DB_query function - I suspect there is some database issue here and you can diagnose it because the error is not reported.

Just recently, a new user had an issue creating the database due to the date defaults '0000-00-00' - new versions of mysql don't allow this so the DB creation fails miserably. the DB creation script needs to be changed to default dates to '1000-01-01' instead with a find '0000-00-00' and replace '1000-01-01'. We really need a new version released ASAP to get these horrid issues fixed - I know Paul T is all over it
Thanks Phil
I wonder how the same scripts and the same database work fine on Xampp Local server.

can you suggest any remedy.

Thanks
Swaminathan
12-02-2018, 07:22 PM,
This is an old thing that I have been reporting for about 10 years. It is due to the SQL mode in mysql (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/sql-mode.html). One of the potential modes is NO_ZERO_DATE which is almost certainly set in your hosted installation, and causing your problems. These modes have been in MySQl since it was first released. It has been one of the major causes of mysql issues in webERP over the years. For instance STRICT_MODE will abort a commit if a text field is longer than the field length, other modes will simply truncate it.

I suggested many years ago that we force webERP to use a particular mode, but I have never got any support.

Tim
12-02-2018, 08:58 PM,
finally I downloaded scripts from github master branch and this resolved the matter.
thank you for the support
Thanks
Swaminathan
12-03-2018, 01:48 PM,
(12-02-2018, 09:13 AM)phil Wrote: the DB creation script needs to be changed to default dates to '1000-01-01' instead with a find '0000-00-00' and replace '1000-01-01'. We really need a new version released ASAP to get these horrid issues fixed - I know Paul T is all over it
Yes, but going but painfully slow at my end. But it's ok, as not having used my Windows 10 machine in awhile which happens to have 4.14.1 -- gives me a chance to test a windows install. My Ubuntu box bit the dust back in late July, early August and I need to buy a replacement. (I was definitely was more efficient with that system -- what I used back in May)

Anyway, hell or high water, next weekend (the 8th or 9th), I'll get this finished.
As I mentioned in another post, checking past posts for other items that should be included, but whatever get missed/overlooked will of course go into the release after 4.15.1. (and I'd like to strive for quarterly releases afterwards, if possible, with more urgent things on an as-needed basis)