Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Work Orders With Multiple Items - Context?
11-27-2018, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 07:48 AM by VortecCPI.)
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items
Yes they can be made but when you do a partial receive things go sideways. WorkOrderCosting.php works as expected. Now try WorkOrderIssue.php and WorkOrderStatus.php and you will see mixed parts from the BoMs. There is no way it can work as designed by using the reference field in the StockMoves table as it is constructed. If I have a Work Order with many parent items each with many BoM items they all go to the StockMoves table with the exact same reference. How then can we unravel which moves are associated with which BoM part in which WO line item?

Try it with a partial receive and you will see the problem quite quickly...
Also... We are passing StockID but showing ALL the items in the WO? Either the StockID is not required or the results are not correct:

So WorkOrderIssue.php should be for one item but shows all items? WorkOrderStatus.php mixes ALL item issues together. Note how two partial receipts result in all going to either one of the items:

Given what I see below BOTH WorkOrderIssue AND WorkOrderStatus should be in context of the WO item, not the entire WO:

I have developed all my new scrips to be in context of each WO item but perhaps we wanted them to be in context of the entire WO? That seems redundant to the purpose of WorkOrderCosting and the hyperlinks per WO item imply in-context data to follow.

All VERY confusing... And does NOT work... And can NOT work as designed...

I can only guess nobody is really using Work Orders or nobody has ever used it with multiple items or nobody has ever used it with multiple items and partial receipts.

We really should fix all this prior to release of version 4.15.1...
I want to finish by stating LOUDLY and CLEARLY that we LOVE webERP and we are very grateful for all the hard work that went into it.

But... These sort of half-baked and/or untested features really irritate me...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items - phil - 11-27-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: Work Orders With Multiple Items - VortecCPI - 11-27-2018 07:10 AM