Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xampp
03-20-2013, 07:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 08:36 AM by paulcliff.)
xampp
How can I install weberp 4.10 with xampp 1.81 on win7. It just continues to say connecting for a long time then hangs up and I have to close the machine. After this is says I have to delete the config file and run again.??? Can anyone help. I have looked for help but unable to get a solution. Thanks
03-20-2013, 12:05 PM,
RE: xampp
I have an xampp installation and I can see that the database is not properly populated. I suggest you apply the database script using phpMyAdmin - you can import and sql script easily and the sql script to apply is either

webERP/sql/mysql/weberp-new.sql

or

webERP/sql/mysql/weberp-demo.sql

whichever suits your needs.
I will have a look at the install script to see why it fails with xampp.

Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM,
Thanks Phil for getting back. Can I confirm that you are suggesting I unzip webERP into a folder then go into the PHPMyadmin and insert the database using the scripts you suggest.

03-20-2013, 07:34 PM,
Well I imagine you must already have unzipped the archive under your xampp/htdocs directory... the config.php has already been written out - it is just that the database is not correctly populated - I guess the time-out on the xampp platform is limited in the php.ini so it has timed out during the process and ended up only half done - well I think that's what happened when I did it on my xampp box.

All you need to do is login to xampp - go to phpMyAdmin then select the weberpdemo - or whichever database/company name you selected at the time you ran the install program - and import the SQL script
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-20-2013, 08:13 PM,
Phil you are absolutely correct. I did as you stated and it worked perfectly. Just for the sake of others this is what i did.

1. make certain xampp is installed and running
2. unzipped weberp to the htdocs folder within xammp
3. then went to localhost and to phpmyadmin
4. created a database called weberpdemo
5. clicked on the database and went into *sql tab*
6. opened explorer and went to xampp-> htdocs ->weberp->sql->mysql
7. within the folder above picked weberp-new and opened with notepad
8. copied the file info then went back to the point 5. *sql tab*
9. pasted the contents what had been copied and then clicked GO
10. It took about 2-3 minutes on my machine.
11. from the weberp-new opened with notepad i then found the admin password.

NOT:
I used weberp-new because using the other file weberp-demo was much larger and took to long for me.

I hope this helps others and once again thanks Phil for your expertise and help.