Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implementing Eco Fees
08-30-2018, 02:10 PM,
Brick  Implementing Eco Fees
Can anybody recommend a way of implementing eco fees or recycling fees?

For example, if I sell an oil filter, a $0.55 fee should automatically be attached to it. There are different fees on different items and there will be thousands of items to import.

In systems tailored to the automotive industry that I've used before, selling a filter (or oil, or whatever) part number automatically sold an eco fee part number (which inventory quantities are not tracked).

Kits or assemblies seem too complicated to maintain for such a task, but I don't totally understand them either. I may not have a choice for something already built in though... TIA!
08-30-2018, 05:35 PM,
RE: Implementing Eco Fees
I would think kits are the way to go here. It wouldn't take a very big change to automate the creation of these in Stocks.php. Basically you would create another line in the input form with a drop down list of all eco fee part numbers. If none is selected then do nothing, if one is selected then automatically create the kit with this eco fee part number as the second part. You would need a part numbering system that makes it easy to identify the kit number.

Importing shouldn't be hard either, as long as there was a way of the script knowing which eco fee part number to add.

Tim
08-31-2018, 04:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 04:09 PM by xubueijj.)
RE: Implementing Eco Fees
Thank you, Tim. That makes sense and sounds like a good idea. At least I know I'm not missing out on any built in functionality.