Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to add new vendors
08-22-2018, 06:53 AM,
Unable to add new vendors
Hello all,

I'm having trouble adding new vendors. I think it might be a SQL issue but it was hard to tell as there was no screen output or logs generated (I have specified logging in the setup screen).

I think the query to add a new vendor is trying to insert a value into a field called 'defaultshipper' in the suppliers table. That column/field does not seem to exist in the table.

file: suppliers.php
line: around 549

My install source came from : https://github.com/webERP-team/webERP dated 8/19/2018. I may be running an outdated/dev version with a different table schema, please let me know.

- Bryce
08-22-2018, 07:18 AM,
RE: Unable to add new vendors
You need to run the sql at https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...4.15.1.sql which should correct this. It is a new field I added since the last release and you always need to run the sql script with the updates to make sure you have the correct schema.

Thanks
Tim
08-22-2018, 07:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 07:40 AM by bigpower10.)
Thank you. Since I posted, I deleted my install thinking I had pulled source code from the wrong place, and installed the latest from sourceforge. After installing that package, there is not even a SUPPLIERS table. I attempted to run the sql you suggested but it would not execute due to missing table.

[edit] In the mean time, I'll reinstall the master branch from github and apply the sql patch you linked to. [/edit]

Can you please explain the difference between the master branch on github and the latest release on sourceforge? Should they be the same or is one the active development branch? Which should one pull for the latest 'stable' release?

Again, thank you for your quick response!!

- Bryce

Disregard, a little researching on my part has answered my question.

I've read on the SF discussion that the project was moved over to GitHub earlier this year after issues with SVN.

I will assume that GitHub is the latest & greatest, re-install from the master branch there, and apply the sql you linked to.

Thanks!

- Bryce
08-22-2018, 10:03 AM,
Wink  RE: Unable to add new vendors
Everything is working as expected now. Thanks! Big Grin
-Bryce
08-22-2018, 07:36 PM,
Paul Thursby: I really think that we should do a release with my fix for the installer in it. This is another user who downloaded the release and couldn't install it. We don't know how many users just give up once it doesn't install properly.

Tim
08-22-2018, 09:43 PM,
it would be a shame for potential users to give up due to the installer.

This is an amazing system and people need to see it...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
08-24-2018, 11:14 AM,
(08-22-2018, 07:36 PM)falkoner Wrote: Paul Thursby: I really think that we should do a release with my fix for the installer in it...

Tim
Agree. I looked around for your install update, but I must be missing it?

I too, had start some language detection improvements that I'd like to add, if not already incorporated.
Those changes are in the 4.15.1 branch at webERP-team.

In another post I mentioned the next release around Sept. 3rd, but since the install is definitely urgent, I'll start effort on that this weekend to still achieve that date, or sooner, as we're only a little over a week out at this point.

I'll also apply any recent changes posted here in the forums, if not already committed.
08-24-2018, 06:09 PM,
Good stuff Paul. The install update I was talking about was the one you alluded to in the first line of this post

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid14995

It seems to fix the issues people are talking about. I think you actually applied it to git, but I can't check right now.

Tim
08-24-2018, 10:23 PM,
Right, that's the one where Markus has not yet responded, as supposedly tried the changes mentioned in post #12 there?

Anyway, there was another post (by someone else) about the checkbox not working to skip install data? I'll have to check this too, for I may have seen the same.
08-25-2018, 12:27 AM,
Well that change has worked for everyone else. As I already said I am pretty sure that the problem Markus had is with his server and nobody else has reported it while that fix to install/index.php is causing a lot of issues.