Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to delete Bank Account Receipts Entry
05-30-2018, 09:37 PM,
How to delete Bank Account Receipts Entry
Hi,

I did some Entries on "Bank Account Receipts Entry", and now I want to delete since at launch it was confusing and I did it wrong.
How can I delete wrong entries in this section?
Best regards
Jonas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-30-2018, 10:10 PM,
RE: How to delete Bank Account Receipts Entry
You can't delete transactions from a live system. All you can do is to post a negative receipt for the same amount at the same date to the same account. As an accountant I believe this to be the correct way of doing things.

Please nobody tell me that you can delete transactions in Quick Books as I don't consider that to be a "proper" accounting package. Smile

Tim
05-30-2018, 11:03 PM,
The more I use webERP the more I like that it follows rules like other true accounting systems. QuickBooks may be nice and easy for the average novice but webERP is obviously meant for enterprise usage and I am glad it works as it does.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
05-31-2018, 02:42 AM,
(05-30-2018, 11:03 PM)VortecCPI Wrote: The more I use webERP the more I like that it follows rules like other true accounting systems. QuickBooks may be nice and easy for the average novice but webERP is obviously meant for enterprise usage and I am glad it works as it does.

Hi Paul,

I fully agree with you Paul. In the meantime I confess that I am still testing WEBERP and there are lots of confusing places to launch.
A very practical example is the "Bank Account Receipts Entry".
I honestly can not understand the need for the two "Accept" buttons.
As I see it has no function because when I have more than one release with different dates and to confirm in batch, ends up recording the two releases with the same date.
Anyone already understood the function of these 2 "accept" buttons?

05-31-2018, 03:01 AM,
The accept button below the header was written to submit the header returning different fields depending on the currency of the bank account and the currency of the transactions. At some point someone (I think it was me) wrote the JavaScript to submit this automatically when the drop down items were changed. The Accept button was left in for those cases where people had JavaScript disabled, so you are right, with JS enabled it doesn't really fulfil any function - though it does no harm either.

Tim
05-31-2018, 03:12 AM,
(05-31-2018, 03:01 AM)falkoner Wrote: The accept button below the header was written to submit the header returning different fields depending on the currency of the bank account and the currency of the transactions. At some point someone (I think it was me) wrote the JavaScript to submit this automatically when the drop down items were changed. The Accept button was left in for those cases where people had JavaScript disabled, so you are right, with JS enabled it doesn't really fulfil any function - though it does no harm either.

Tim

Hello Falkoner.
Thanks for the Quick reply.

In my case this was not it, I had more than one Entries with different dates and I imagined that after finishing the Entries with the different dates I could process all the releases using the "Accept and Process Batch" button.
When I checked out my Entries were treated with the same date.
I honestly understand that this is very confusing.
Best Regards

05-31-2018, 03:27 AM,
Yes the accept and process will post all the transactions and it will do it with the information in the header part of the transaction - including get date.

Tim