Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 4.15 from 4.14.1
05-31-2018, 12:19 PM,
RE: Upgrade to 4.15 from 4.14.1
Having Exson's two 'undo' changes plus what you gave me for the FKC, the reinstall that I ran having both of those changes applied was ok here.

The only portion of apmuthu's change that wasn't clear to me was this part, as those are 2 different hidden input names, so why one needs to be 0? This was the one reverted change that I was referencing. I'll have to trek back through to check the usage.

I'm not clear on the other uncommented block that Exson committed between lines 1132 and 1160? I'll dig into that more as I have more time to "study" the difference.
08-13-2018, 03:46 AM,
Hi!

I wanted to give webERP a try, but it seems i can't install it properly (it's a FreeBSD 11.1 host with mysql-5.5.61 and php-fpm-5.6.37).

I even incorporated the $Version patch in includes/ConnectDB.inc and the $FK_SQL patch in install/index.php from the commit after 4.15 was released (from this commit). Still i end up with many missing tables and those are tables that have CONSTRAINT constructs in the default.sql - so i assume the patch isn't working for me.

Now i just imported the default.sql AFTER the whole install procedure to a fresh database, but now i cannot login, as the admin account has some unknown and not well documented default password (it's not "weberp"). Did i miss it? Or can i somehow create the encrypted string for www_users.password manually?

Thanks.
Markus
08-13-2018, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 05:09 AM by TurboPT.)
I was having the same tables issue testing the install/release, and at the commit link, lines 1256 to 1265 (suggested by Tim) made the other table installs finally work for me.

To the password, you should be able to reset that. (two steps)

First, use the PHP interactive console to generate a hash:
PHP Code:
C:\xampp\php>php -a    // your PHP path may likely differ, depending on your system
Interactive shell

php 
> echo password_hash('yourpass'PASSWORD_DEFAULT);
$
2y$10$LWNUBfbuzVTvk0CfgFHdieJN5VThN8WESQ8axq/WBJBZ.pGh7XNhi   // the generated hash will be used to update the admin user

// How to check that the hash is correct
php > echo password_verify('yourpass''$2y$10$LWNUBfbuzVTvk0CfgFHdieJN5VThN8WESQ8axq/WBJBZ.pGh7XNhi');
1  // return value from verify, which is good.

php > exit
C:\xampp\php

Then use the hash value to update the admin user entry:
Code:
UPDATE www_users
   SET password = 'your_hash_value'
WHERE userid = 'admin';
From there, you should be good-to-go. Apologies for the install hassles.
08-13-2018, 05:37 PM,
Shouldn't there be new release if the old one doesn't install correctly?

Tim
08-13-2018, 07:29 PM,
Thanks!

I am logged in now! I have to agree with both of you. There should be a new release soon, but first the problem with the missing tables should be sorted out. It's not enough to have it working on a few systems, this process has to be reliable. Not everyone will start to dig deeper to fix the problem.

I am willing to help, but be warned, my last php experiences are 15 years old (so i'll let you do most of the code part). Just let me know and i can setup a FreeBSD 11.1 test environment where we can test various things to sort this out.

Bye.
Markus
(08-13-2018, 04:56 AM)TurboPT Wrote: To the password, you should be able to reset that. (two steps)

First, use the PHP interactive console to generate a hash:
PHP Code:
C:\xampp\php>php -a    // your PHP path may likely differ, depending on your system
Interactive shell

php 
> echo password_hash('yourpass'PASSWORD_DEFAULT);
$
2y$10$LWNUBfbuzVTvk0CfgFHdieJN5VThN8WESQ8axq/WBJBZ.pGh7XNhi   // the generated hash will be used to update the admin user

// How to check that the hash is correct
php > echo password_verify('yourpass''$2y$10$LWNUBfbuzVTvk0CfgFHdieJN5VThN8WESQ8axq/WBJBZ.pGh7XNhi');
1  // return value from verify, which is good.

php > exit
C:\xampp\php

Then use the hash value to update the admin user entry:
Code:
UPDATE www_users
   SET password = 'your_hash_value'
WHERE userid = 'admin';
From there, you should be good-to-go. Apologies for the install hassles.

This part should go to the manual.

BTW: I had to add the surrounding php tags (php-5.6):

PHP Code:
root@web02:~# php -a
Interactive mode enabled

<?php echo password_hash('yourpass'PASSWORD_DEFAULT); echo "\n"?>
$2y$10$iFt3/mYBDvu23WjzsGXizu.DLoMpB217WYqmlqg4TVA70JJnLkIU. 

Bye.
Markus
08-14-2018, 06:57 PM,
Paul, I am travelling with only very sporadic and poor Internet so I can't check buthe haven't these install issues been sorted in the git repositories?

If so can't we just release the code?
08-15-2018, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 11:48 AM by TurboPT.)
Tim, well, yes and no?

I would say "yes", but the missing table solution during install that you offered worked for me, but those same changes that markus tried (see post #12) did not seem to work for him? ... so I'm not sure in this aspect, (maybe a PHP 5.6 vs 7+ thing?) it appears to be "no" or "maybe", at least.

However, that being said, I was already considering another release sometime around Sept. 3. Not sure if it'll be the week before or after at the moment, though.
08-15-2018, 08:35 PM,
When I am at an office I will have a look at solving these issues as it seems a bit sad that the installer doesn't work.

Tim.
08-16-2018, 07:21 PM,
Markus: Before I look elsewhere I note that you are using FreeBSD. I seem to remember from a client that also uses FreeBSD that InnoDB was not enabled by default on his installation of mysql and we needed to enable it. Is it enabled on yours?

Tim