Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock On Hand By Date - Zero Quantity?
04-24-2018, 07:04 AM,
RE: Stock On Hand By Date - Zero Quantity?
Well I believe (I didn't write it) the script was written to enable you to get an historical stock status at some previous date. There are other reports designed to give current stock status. That being said, the most likely date you would want to go back and revisit is the end of the previous month, hence the default date being set to that date.

I think I am confused as to what you mean by the "odd results" you are getting, can you describe these for me?

Tim
04-24-2018, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 08:04 PM by VortecCPI.)
As owners we need to know what we have on hand at any moment hence irritation with script using date other than current. Most all transactions are JiT so we do not want to see items on the list with QoH of zero.

As far as odd results stock quantities that are zero with the checkbook unchecked go to greater than zero with the checkbook checked, even though the actual QoH is really zero.

I am at work very early each morning with Quality Management on a customer site so I apologize for short/tardy responses.

I will try to get some example screenshots up here at some point today...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
04-24-2018, 10:47 PM,
Hi Paul, I thought I was seeing your posts come through early Smile

The point I was trying to make was that there are lots of places where the current stock balances are shown without using the historical balances inquiry for current balances - though of course it can be.

Are you seeing the issue with StockQuantityByDate.php happening on all items with zero quantity? I can't duplicate it here, though I am using a somewhat artificial data set. Can you see if there is anything non-standard about the items where it is happening?

Tim
04-25-2018, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2018, 05:46 AM by VortecCPI.)
Here are two examples of what I get. Please note QoH is correct when checked but not when unchecked.

Unchecked:    

Checked:    

Actual:    
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker