Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invoicing / Packing slip
07-13-2015, 10:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2015, 01:09 AM by janb.)
Invoicing / Packing slip
I am posting this as a new thread but is a kind of follow up of Bill Schlaerth's post "how do you reprint a packing slip after invoiced"

When manually creating a new Sales Order "almost" everything is ok.
Selecting Customer, Items and QTYs is fine, but where can i enter Dispatch QTYs??
When i have placed the Order I have the opportunity to print packing slips and produce Invoice. Great if the whole Sales Order is to be dispatched.

If i choose not to do print anything yet (I don't want to dispatch all items) I can search for Outstanding Sales Orders, select the newly created, adjusting dispatch qty's and then process the Invoice. (btw, there is no indication on the Invoice about outstanding Items but that's another story)
In the next window the only option is to print the Invoice, no packing slips.

After printing the Invoice there is "no way back" printing packing slips at all for this dispatch.
If I choose to print the dispatch note from "Outstanding Sales Orders", only outstanding Items is printed. (pointed out by Bill Schlaerth and Tim)

I have a feeling that printing dispatch notes/packing slips is one step behind all the time.
What if i want the Invoice to be printed only when all Items is delivered? ..or "in between"?
I still want packing slips to be correctly printed along with each dispatch.

Edit:
Often we have large orders with both large qty's and many items-lines.
One customer want us to dispatch what we have in stock right away and the rest of the items when they are available.
The customer only want one Invoice for the whole order not split up into several invoices.
In other situations we want to invoice another customer after each dispatch but this is our choice to ensure payment for items and freight as soon as possible and in between what we have available.

The point is that packing slips need to be printed along with every dispatch (full or partly) with correct qty's, freight costs etc without the need of initiate invoicing.
Whenever i need to invoice (partly or full) i want to have the choice to invoice what dispatched at the time of invoicing, invoicing at every dispatch or full invoicing (for example at a certain date of month).
This should actually be a part of the customer setup option along with credit limit, taxref etc.

Jan
07-14-2015, 10:37 PM,
RE: Invoicing / Packing slip
I have done a lot of this work already. It just needs to be merged with the main trunk. I added a picking module that allows for picking and packing partial quantities. It also allows fort shipping partials and invoicing as you go or invoicing multiple shipments. Again - just need some time to commit correctly as I have a few other modifications not yet ready for the main trunk.
We have been using this in a production mode for over 6 months now. We have situations where customer give us a blanket P/O for 6 months. Same item with multiple releases. In the past we created a new order for each release because of the limitations above. Now we can release for picking and shipping any number of lines (by date), and the paperwork matches.
It also builds in a little 'reserve'. If you have 2 orders for 6 units each and you have only 4 units in stock it won't allow the second order to pick and print paperwork for the units already pciked for the first order.
07-15-2015, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015, 06:11 AM by janb.)
agaluski, great!! Sounds like spot on!

I did some work yesterday on "PrintCustOrder...php to have the ability to print packing slips from within a saved Sales Order.
Math and test coding looks good and with minimal adjustments to the original code.
Gives me at least a packing slip for partly dispatch/invoice.

..but can hardly wait for your work to be published in main trunk Smile

Jan
10-30-2015, 04:40 AM,
(07-14-2015, 10:37 PM)agaluski Wrote: I have done a lot of this work already. It just needs to be merged with the main trunk. I added a picking module that allows for picking and packing partial quantities. It also allows fort shipping partials and invoicing as you go or invoicing multiple shipments. Again - just need some time to commit correctly as I have a few other modifications not yet ready for the main trunk.
We have been using this in a production mode for over 6 months now. We have situations where customer give us a blanket P/O for 6 months. Same item with multiple releases. In the past we created a new order for each release because of the limitations above. Now we can release for picking and shipping any number of lines (by date), and the paperwork matches.
It also builds in a little 'reserve'. If you have 2 orders for 6 units each and you have only 4 units in stock it won't allow the second order to pick and print paperwork for the units already pciked for the first order.

Sorry for bumping this agaluski
Any progress or timeline for publishing?

Jan
10-30-2015, 09:37 PM,
Sorry - no updates at this time. Been too busy to merge in with the trunk