Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispatch of Controlled item
03-03-2018, 12:30 PM,
Dispatch of Controlled item
Can someone explain how the "File upload" function works in the Dispatch of Controlled Items? Didn't see anything in the manual about it.

Thanks!
03-03-2018, 07:07 PM,
RE: Dispatch of Controlled item
Well it _should_ work with a csv file containing two columns batch no/quantity with no header. If I remember correctly for serialised items you don't need the quantity as it will obviously assume a quantity of 1

Tim
03-04-2018, 04:08 AM,
ok thanks. I'm just trying to find a better solution to quickly enter quantities and lot numbers for orders with many items. when we have 40 SKUs in an order, the process is very tedious with the actual setup…
I was exploring the idea of having each line automatically filled when we land on the dispatch page, but haven't quite figured out where all the data is stored once everything has been entered and the invoice ready to print.
03-06-2018, 02:03 AM,
I don't know if this would help for Dispatch of Controlled items, but it works for me if I need to adjust in controlled items. When it imports, it only looks at the first two columns in the csv file. Any additional columns are ignored.
I put the part number in the 3rd column so I can keep track of where I'm at.
Lotnumber,Qty,Partnumber

The rows that I don't want to import (the rows for subsequent part numbers)
I replace the comma with a * character.
Lotnumber*Qty*Partnumber

Since its looking for csv, those lines are ignored.
I replace the "*" with "," as I work my way down the list.
This works best when you have many lot numbers per part number to import.