Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
double posting in both General ledger Accounting
03-04-2018, 08:39 AM,
RE: double posting in both General ledger Accounting
The other scripts such as PcAssignCashToTab.php populate the pcashdetails table with details of the transactions, and then the contents of that table are posted to gltrans in the authorise scripts. So, if there is an issue, and nobody else has reported it, then it is likely that pcashdetails is being incorrectly populated and that error is getting transferred to gltrans giving the problem the OP mentions.

Tim
03-07-2018, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 04:09 PM by wissedenis22.)
(03-04-2018, 08:31 AM)afcouling Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 05:54 PM)TurboPT Wrote: The files that can write the narratives shown in the images is: PcAuthorizeExpenses, and PcAuthorizeCash.

Yes, I was under the impression that nothing is posted until either an expense or assigned cash is authorised in PcAuthorizeExpenses and PcAuthorizeCash.

When I implemented Tims petty cash tax code last year (not yet released), I had a close look at the petty cash GL postings, and didn't spot anything like the symptom described.

From the attachments in post #1, it appears that only assigned cash is duplicated, not expenses. Please confirm this is the case.

Also, are all petty cash tabs affected? Again, in the attachments, I can see duplication on tab 'TRAVEL' and 'COMMISSIONS', but perhaps not on 'TRANSPORT'.

Hello Sir,
thanks for your reply...
not all some are affected some are not.......

(03-04-2018, 08:39 AM)falkoner Wrote: The other scripts such as PcAssignCashToTab.php populate the pcashdetails table with details of the transactions, and then the contents of that table are posted to gltrans in the authorise scripts. So, if there is an issue, and nobody else has reported it, then it is likely that pcashdetails is being incorrectly populated and that error is getting transferred to gltrans giving the problem the OP mentions.

Tim

@Tim
Is there a possibility that in the time of authorizing and updating that is when the issue occurs! am assuming that maybe the one who authorizes does it more than once unknowingly! cos if the script had an issue it'd have double posted every expense.....that's what am thinking
03-09-2018, 05:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:10 AM by TurboPT.)
Yes, internal handling could cause issues such at that.

However, I don't know the best way that you might be able to handle the situation, as businesses have different ways of doing approvals and such.

If you discover some other way that the duplication is happening because of webERP, we'd need to know more detail, or at least help us debug the matter.
(one of those "help us, help you" type of deals)

I'll have to ponder a way that could potentially help alleviate the situation, but it might not be easily perceived.
03-09-2018, 05:55 AM,
I'll have to check but I am pretty sure that you cannot authorise cash assignments more than once.

Tim
03-09-2018, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:21 AM by TurboPT.)
Tim, I noted that the `pcashdetails` table structure has this:
Code:
PRIMARY KEY (`counterindex`),
UNIQUE KEY `tabcodedate` (`tabcode`,`date`,`codeexpense`,`counterindex`)

...it seems that the `counterindex` field should not be part of the UK as this field is already a PK, could this be the culprit?
03-09-2018, 08:01 AM,
Ok, I may have found the answer. If you authorise some assigned cash, and from the next screen do a screen refresh it reposts the assigned cash, even though it has already been posted once. This come back to something Andy posted about recently.

I need to think about this.

Tim
03-09-2018, 06:02 PM,
(03-09-2018, 08:01 AM)falkoner Wrote: Ok, I may have found the answer. If you authorise some assigned cash, and from the next screen do a screen refresh it reposts the assigned cash, even though it has already been posted once. This come back to something Andy posted about recently.

I need to think about this.

Tim

Hello Tim,

That's what I thought on the process of refreshing of the next page, cos if there was a big issue with the script, it'd have double posted everything. I don't know exactly where the problem is
03-09-2018, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:39 PM by TimSchofield.)
Ok, I have fixed the page refresh issue and pushed the fix to github.

https://github.com/timschofield/webERP-s...68f58cf279

Tim
I noticed that my code editor had automatically removed some trailing white space from the end of lines. This isn't to sabotage the project as has previously been said, but is actually a good thing. Most code editors can be set to do this, and it would be good if developers set this.

Tim
03-10-2018, 03:27 AM,
My editor is also set to remove all trailing whitespace at save.

Many of my commits have had this as well.

I prefer this behavior myself.
03-10-2018, 03:52 AM,
..and don't get me started on the blank lines after the closing ?> Big Grin