Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
double posting in both General ledger Accounting
02-26-2018, 07:29 PM,
double posting in both General ledger Accounting
Hello,
am having this problem,
when my user make posts in petty cash, it shows everything is fine with her petty cash balance, but when you check in both general Ledger account and bank reconciliation it reflects a double or more posting and it keeps on subtracting the balance.
I have attached the screen shots of both general ledger and bank reconciliation

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-27-2018, 08:53 AM,
RE: double posting in both General ledger Accounting
Can you say from which petty cash script, such as PcExpenses.php, or some other file that this is happening?
02-28-2018, 05:09 PM,
(02-27-2018, 08:53 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Can you say from which petty cash script, such as PcExpenses.php, or some other file that this is happening?

Hello Sir,

these are the two scripts;
GLAcountInquiry.php and BankMatching.php

03-01-2018, 04:35 PM,
(02-27-2018, 08:53 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Can you say from which petty cash script, such as PcExpenses.php, or some other file that this is happening?

hello sir! am I getting any help from you! i need this
03-02-2018, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 03:33 AM by TurboPT.)
I'll look at that as soon as I can, we are middle of a repository transition at the moment, and this task is nearly done.

I'm aware of the two scripts that were mentioned, but some of the petty cash scripts create GL entries. A brief look at the petty cash scripts when this was first reported, there did not appear to be an obvious path of entry duplication, so this issue will need more investigation. I do not have an immediate answer at this time.
03-03-2018, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2018, 06:03 PM by TurboPT.)
Phil/Tim/Andy:

Any ideas as what could be contributing to this doubling issue?

The files that can write the narratives shown in the images is: PcAuthorizeExpenses, and PcAuthorizeCash.

Though there appears to potentially be some "odd handling" within those scripts, it is not clear as to how the doubling can occur.
There may be more to the picture to know?

One way that I could perceive the behavior, is if the query at line 69 (in both files, same query) could be returning more than one entry, and if so, then there may be doubles (duplicates) in pcashdetails?
The loop for that query is where the GL inserts occur.

BankReconciliation also has GL inserts, but based on the narrative message there, I don't believe this script is related. (the 'reconciliation' message is not in the attached images)

GLAccountInquiry does not have any GL inserts.
03-03-2018, 06:56 PM,
Well a quick look seems to show the problem occurs on cash assignment so I would look at PcAssignCashToTab.php or the horrible PcAssignCashTabToTab.php which I keep out of my repository because it breaks with the whole philosophy of the petty cash module. Has the OP been using that script? If no that script then take a look at PcAssignCashToTab.php

Thanks
Tim
03-04-2018, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 07:32 AM by TurboPT.)
@wissedenis22:
We never know (though I might be naive on this aspect) how much use that the Petty Cash module actually has by others.
So far, you are the first to report (AFAIK) this issue from this area.

Based on post #7, is there any use of the PcAssignCashTabToTab.php file? (or possible mixed use of the two?)

If so, can you try (if possible) to avoid using the 'TabToTab' option for a few days (or more) to see if the issue ceases?
On the Petty Cash menu, in the first column, 2nd link: the option to avoid is "Transfer Assigned Cash Between PC Tabs".

We may need to eliminate that script based on the post #7 info, especially if it is causing the trouble as you are experiencing.

If you might need to disable the option for all users, it is a simple matter to comment-out two lines. Let me know if you might need this change.
03-04-2018, 07:23 AM,
I think it is widely used. Most of our customers use it and Andy committed some fairly big changes just the other day. Ricard is a major webERP user in a large company for at least 10 years and he wrote the petty cash module.

I have noticed no issues with the postings but we don't allow the tab to tab script on any servers we control which is why I am guessing if there is an issue then it may be there.

Tim
03-04-2018, 08:31 AM,
(03-03-2018, 05:54 PM)TurboPT Wrote: The files that can write the narratives shown in the images is: PcAuthorizeExpenses, and PcAuthorizeCash.

Yes, I was under the impression that nothing is posted until either an expense or assigned cash is authorised in PcAuthorizeExpenses and PcAuthorizeCash.

When I implemented Tims petty cash tax code last year (not yet released), I had a close look at the petty cash GL postings, and didn't spot anything like the symptom described.

From the attachments in post #1, it appears that only assigned cash is duplicated, not expenses. Please confirm this is the case.

Also, are all petty cash tabs affected? Again, in the attachments, I can see duplication on tab 'TRAVEL' and 'COMMISSIONS', but perhaps not on 'TRANSPORT'.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewcouling