Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PO Items - Table Header Sort - Bad
02-15-2018, 06:54 AM
PO Items - Table Header Sort - Bad
PO_Items.php

I inadvertently clicked on the table header and it tried to sort and made a mess. Not good!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: PO Items - Table Header Sort - Bad
There is an update to the table sorting routine that is awaiting committing to svn.

Tim
02-17-2018, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 01:16 AM by TurboPT.)
Tim/Paul: I'm looking into the new sorting "scope" now...

Paul, has something possibly changed?
Back at this post, you claimed the sorting was ok after adding <tbody>; however, there could of course be other sorting issues.
Also, in Tim's repository, I noticed that only the first two columns (item code, description) are set as sortable, the others (beyond those two, that have a sort indicator) are not.
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2018, 10:14 PM
I try and restrict sorting to just those columns where it would make sense to want to sort, though of course that is a subjective opinion, and others may see a point to sorting where I don't Smile
02-18-2018, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 02:15 PM by TurboPT.)
(02-17-2018 10:14 PM)falkoner Wrote:  I try and restrict sorting to just those columns where it would make sense to want to sort, though of course that is a subjective opinion...

Yep, true to that, but of course, it is a simple matter to add (or remove) the sorting need as desired. Definitely good for overall 'flexibility'.
As much as one might like, or none at all!
Find all posts by this user