Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Stock Request - Many Issues
02-12-2018, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 04:35 AM by VortecCPI.)
RE: Internal Stock Request - Many Issues
Tim,

Thank you for the very kind and very encouraging words. I am truly grateful for webERP and for all who help make it better.

So far it has fulfilled all our business needs and much of that is due to ideas, help, and input by people like you.

PB
What's so very interesting to me... Highly-complicated things like GL COA, COGS, and MRP work like a champ yet something as simple as Prev / Next somehow got away from us, likely during some small change in that piece...

However... Let's look at it this way... Given the choice of which might get away from us that's the one I would choose for sure.

The GL COA, COGS, and MRP pieces are amazing. Have one look at Dolibarr and you will come running back to webERP. Those pieces alone, in my opinion, make webERP very special and Best-In-Class for sure. With the exception of Part Revisions, I have seem almost nothing ECi M1 ERP can do that webERP can not (in certain context). Of course ECi M1 ERP has VBScript and Crystal Reports but that can be both a blessing as well as a curse...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
02-12-2018, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 04:56 PM by TurboPT.)
(02-12-2018, 03:45 AM)falkoner Wrote: Paul, valid criticisms courteously expressed are what helps make FLOSS projects better, so never worry about upsetting people and your assistance has already made webERP better.

Please continue with what you have been doing Smile
Ditto on that for me, Tim.

"Courteously expressed" criticisms tend to generally get far more acceptance/attention than negative ones.

PB offers both: "courteous criticisms" and code submissions (and/or attempts towards the effort), so that is a double plus!
02-12-2018, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 09:33 AM by TurboPT.)
(02-11-2018, 10:58 PM)VortecCPI Wrote: Paul,

I just did what I could to try to tidy it up but when I noticed the Prev / Next buttons didn't work I shifted gears but then had to quit. It is likely my hack job needs a lot of looking over to be deemed acceptable.

PB
I didn't mean to imply anything bad there, only a minor point. I doubt that will have any impact on the prev/next matter anyway. I was surprised to know the sorting worked with that placement.

It was in no way meant to be "dig", so I apologize if it may have come across that way.

=====

UPDATE:
Doh!!! ... I stand corrected, Paul...

Previously where I mentioned the <tbody> tag placement, you had it right!

I had forgotten that placement fixing the SelectOrderItems script sorting last month, as the <tbody> tag has the same position in that file, which is also before the row with the sort headings.
02-12-2018, 08:04 AM,
(02-12-2018, 04:20 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: Highly-complicated things like GL COA, COGS, and MRP work like a champ yet something as simple as Prev / Next somehow got away from us

Well I think you have hit the nail on the head Paul, who wants to do the boring simple stuff when there are interesting features to code Smile

Actually Paul and I have been discussing some of these more mundane tasks recently with a hope of picking some of the low hanging fruit.

Tim
02-12-2018, 09:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 05:46 PM by TurboPT.)
(02-10-2018, 11:14 PM)VortecCPI Wrote: InternalStockRequest.php

Ignores the User-based DisplayRecordsMax value.

For this aspect, the LIMIT clause should change from this:
PHP Code:
$SQL $SQL ' LIMIT ' $_SESSION['DefaultDisplayRecordsMax'] . ' OFFSET ' . ($_SESSION['DefaultDisplayRecordsMax']*$Offset); 

...to this:
PHP Code:
$SQL $SQL ' LIMIT ' $_SESSION['DisplayRecordsMax'] . ' OFFSET ' . ($_SESSION['DisplayRecordsMax']*$Offset); 

=================

To get the Previous/Next working:

Change this:
PHP Code:
if (!isset($_POST['StockCat'])) {

$_POST['StockCat'] = '';

...to this:
PHP Code:
if (!isset($_POST['StockCat'])) {

$_POST['StockCat'] = 'All';

I made a few other minor changes to expand the 'Prev' button text to 'Previous' (as other areas have), but don't worry about these for now, as there are other minor changes needed to support the text change.

=================

Curiously, I discovered that the code block from lines 518-609 are NOT used, so that will be some good clean-up to this file.

I'll try to get all these things committed tonight, but might not be until tomorrow. (there are other changes/improvements not covered above)

=================

(whenever you have the chance...)
Before I commit, can you please try the attached file? (as usual, keep a backup of your current copy!)
That copy has all the changes mentioned above, and more!

At two places in the file (lines 590 and 615), I have two conditions: if(0). The 'else' clause to both of these conditions use functions that are used at the SelectOrderItems area for on-PO and on-WO counts.

Please see if the totals appear to be ok with those functions, because if so, I can eliminate the code within the if(0) blocks.
If you need to cross-check the non-function call difference, simply change either if(0) to if(1).

Attached Files
.php   InternalStockRequest.php (Size: 25.16 KB / Downloads: 1)
02-12-2018, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 11:33 PM by VortecCPI.)
(02-12-2018, 07:19 AM)TurboPT Wrote: I didn't mean to imply anything bad there, only a minor point. I doubt that will have any impact on the prev/next matter anyway. I was surprised to know the sorting worked with that placement.

It was in no way meant to be "dig", so I apologize if it may have come across that way.

I never took it that way so no worries!
On this in just a bit and i can not thank you enough for the ultra-fast turnaround!!!
(02-12-2018, 08:04 AM)falkoner Wrote: Well I think you have hit the nail on the head Paul, who wants to do the boring simple stuff when there are interesting features to code Smile

Actually Paul and I have been discussing some of these more mundane tasks recently with a hope of picking some of the low hanging fruit.

Tim

Tim,

Oh yes. With ECi M1 ERP it was similar. We gave little time to testing Time Card entry because what could possibly go wrong? Well... AFTER Go-Live... It ALL went wrong and did not work as advertised in the ETO/MTO job shop environment. So many bugs I had to basically create a whole new data handling mechanism under the UI via VBScript. They had obviously NEVER worked in such an environment.

And... The GL COA and COGS pieces are only so-so and barely adequate. Though it has MRP piece it also does not work as advertised. I told the Procurement Manager about how and what webERP does and he about fell out of his chair.

So... I am thrilled the heart and soul of webERP is in tact and reliable.

PB
02-13-2018, 01:04 AM,
Tested and seems to work as expected. We will be issuing promo product today so just in time!!!
02-13-2018, 01:08 AM,
From a quick inspection the serial items code in this script has the same issues that the movements reports had that I emails Paul and Paul about earlier today. I haven't had time to do a thorough review though.

Tim
02-13-2018, 01:11 AM,
I should clarify we track by Lot/Batch, not by individual Serial-per-Unit so my testing was not that granular.
02-13-2018, 05:56 AM,
Ok Paul, based on your post #17 information, I'll remove the if(0) blocks of code, keeping the function replacements.

I'll do that after first committing Tim other stock movement file changes.