Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Stock Request - Many Issues
02-11-2018, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 05:02 PM by TurboPT.)
RE: Internal Stock Request - Many Issues
(02-11-2018, 05:39 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: I tried to reconcile InternalStockRequest.php with SelectOrderItems.php but ended up with a mess.

I see no reason why these two scripts do not use the exact same code to build the products list.
I'll have to come back around and cross check those. (recall the "multiple iterations" that it takes sometimes?)

(02-11-2018, 05:39 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: I am VERY happy with webERP but little things like this are EXTREMELY frustrating...

How do we end up with wildly-varying scrips that do the same work?
Yes, I agree, it can tend to get frustrating.

"Wildly-varying scripts" ... This appears to be the "general nature" with many open-source projects that I've encountered when many "players" are involved from various backgrounds and coding skills. Some drop by, add one, two or a few features or more (which might sometimes be near "clones" of existing features -- you know, where a script is copied, renamed, and then altered for the new purpose), and then move on to whatever other interest(s), and things (duplicity, hacks, redundancies, etc.) simply tend to linger. Other reasons can be project leads that want certain things done the way that they want things done, which could be good or bad depending on the circumstances.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal Stock Request - Many Issues - by TurboPT - 02-11-2018, 08:59 AM