Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot numbers not printed in landscape
01-31-2018, 02:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 02:10 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Lot numbers not printed in landscape
I've applied the minor adjustment for the shipping price.

In the second image, is that a lot number output or a continuation of the description just above the highlighting?
01-31-2018, 02:25 AM,
(01-31-2018, 02:09 AM)TurboPT Wrote: I've applied the minor adjustment for the shipping price.

In the second image, is that a lot number output or a continuation of the description just above the highlighting?

That is the Lot/Batch/Serial number.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-31-2018, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 02:59 AM by TurboPT.)
For that output, changes lines 394 and 405:

Offset values from:
PHP Code:
$pdf->addTextWrap($Left_Margin+82  //... 

...to:

PHP Code:
$pdf->addTextWrap($Left_Margin+100 //... 

The previous 82 value was the copy from the portrait mode. The 100 offset matches the landscape description offset at line 367.
01-31-2018, 05:14 AM,
Updated script attached.

This covers the minor offset values mentioned in the last few posts, and now the payment terms and due date only print with invoices for both PDF and preview modes.

NOTE: I'd first save (or backup) the current file before replacing!

Attached Files
.php   PrintCustTrans.php (Size: 49.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-31-2018, 05:22 AM,
Thank you!!!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
02-01-2018, 09:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 02:59 PM by TurboPT.)
I have applied some of the landscape changes to the portrait file copy as well.

However, during testing of adding the due date into the footer, I ran into a snag related to the footer (and contents) that could become a potential issue. Now I'll have to double-check the landscape footer too.

Yesterday, after a few hours of "fighting" the PDF layout/handling, as it seems to take sometimes [at least for me Rolleyes], I did get the appearance to be as expected. However, there are two fields that can have quite a bit of output, because the footer can have a romalpa , 'invtext', terms, due date, and account info, the first two fields can be problematic.

I'll post a separate topic to the development discussion with the issue, and a proposed change that could help.
02-03-2018, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 03:32 PM by TurboPT.)
Shortly, I will be committing 4 files (PrintCustTrans.php, PrintCustTransPortrait.php, and the include headers for each) after doing some final comparisons and basic tests.

Here's a change summary:
  1. Add missing lot/serial stock info to landscape output. (the report that started this thread by HDeriauFF)
  2. Add Due Date info for invoices. (Paul Becker) This information appears with both PDF and non-PDF output. For PDFs, this date appears in the header. For preview, this appears to the right of the logo.
  3. Only show payment terms and due date with invoices.
  4. Add 'Print Preview' button to the landscape file
  5. Fix salesman security check in the landscape file. [Applied similar handling as found in SelectOrderItems.php using custbranch.salesman]
  6. Apply salesman and company login security checks to the portrait file, so that both files have the same handling. Know that these checks protect both preview and PDF views.
  7. In both non-header landscape/portrait files:
    • Replace PDF initialization handling by using the PDFStarter file.
    • Added a required attribute to the 'Start invoice/credit note number' input field. Without this, nothing happens after clicking either print button, and there is no message.
  8. Portrait PDF header:
    • improve the layout such that the 'Sold To', 'Deliver To' headings and the address information align horizontally.
    • Eliminate some redundant calculation handling. Some of these changes helped improve PDF handling outside the header too.
  9. Landscape PDF header: page number moves to the top right of the page to match the same position as the portrait PDF. Where the page number previously appeared is replaced by the new due date output.
  10. Landscape file, bottom right corner: the shipping amount position was vertically adjusted to be more horizontally aligned with the 'Shipping' label to the left.
Overall, these changes have also helped to "generally align" the two files to be nearly the same, and are easier to diff.

At some future point, it could be possible to "merge" these two files into one as the primary difference is the PDF orientation and associated calculations, as Tim mentioned in post #5.
02-03-2018, 10:32 AM,
Changes committed to SVN.
02-06-2018, 02:18 PM,
Feedback on the Lot/serial number output
The lot number line needing to be shifted on the right (see attachment)

Thanks!

Attached Files
.pdf   weberp_Invoice_28.pdf (Size: 16.09 KB / Downloads: 4)
02-06-2018, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 03:27 PM by TurboPT.)
Thanks for the feedback!

That is fixed in the SVN copy, the same feedback was also reported in post #28.

See post #33.
The line numbers have moved slightly since post 33, so apply those changes to lines: 377 and 388.

Know that you're missing other script improvements not having the SVN copy! See post #37.

Also, know that there were 4 files as part of the same commit. There are changes to the header file that gets included within the PrintCustTrans.php file. See the SVN link in post #38.