Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot numbers not printed in landscape
01-30-2018, 09:12 AM,
RE: Lot numbers not printed in landscape
Paul, I crossed a function called CalcDueDate() in includes/DateFunctions.inc that takes the three parameters (transdate, dayinfollowingmonth, daysbeforedue), the same three that are within the block of the date calculation in your changes. I've not used it, but I'll have to see if the result is the same as the other handling to know.

Also, another field from paymentterms needs adding to the queries to have all three values used in the date calculation: .

I'll add the dayinfollowingmonth field to the query with changes that I'm doing. I've restored the salesman security check, and with the preview mode, that has to be covered in two places.
01-30-2018, 10:16 AM,
Nice idea on the addition of a new function. Since I pilfered the Due Date code from Dashboard.php can it be used there as well?

Thank you again for all your hard work on this!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-30-2018, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 12:44 PM by TurboPT.)
Maybe. I was going to try that function at the dashboard too and see if it works as expected.

Again, I never used that function, but it is used in 5 places across the code base.

=====

UPDATE:

In a separate script as a test, I copied the CalcDueDate() function and made a function with the dashboard due date handling, and the results are the same from both functions with the same input values.

So, I'll replace the Dashboard handling with the existing function after updates to the PrintCustTrans are done.

=====

Question: would a credit note have a due date?

I'm thinking the due date would be for invoices only, and if so, I'll add some handling to cover this aspect.
01-30-2018, 04:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 04:44 PM by TurboPT.)
Also see post 23.

Updated script attached. To see what changed, compare this file to the one in post #8.

This restores the salesman check and includes Paul B. 'due date' handling. (both of which are covered in two places for the PDF and preview modes)

Still have an open question as to whether the payment term and due date info should appear on credit notes? At the moment, the due date is limited to invoices only in this file.

I'll apply the salesman check and due date items (along with a couple of minor tweaks) to the portrait file too.

NOTE: I'd first save (or backup) the current file before replacing!

Attached Files
.php   PrintCustTrans.php (Size: 49.33 KB / Downloads: 2)
01-30-2018, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 11:56 PM by VortecCPI.)
The CalcDueDate() function works as expected at my end. Very slick idea.
A far as a Due Date for credit perhaps Phil or Tim can chime in on that...
In QuickBooks a Credit Memo only has a date of issue -- No Terms or Due Date.
Yesterday one of the owners went into webERP and could not see this on the HTML preview and he was not very happy.

It is my opinion you having adding these attributes to the HTML preview will be a very good thing for webERP.
01-31-2018, 12:03 AM,
Normally a Credit Note would have either the due date the same as the document date, or omit it all together, so in this instance QB is correct Smile

Tim
01-31-2018, 12:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 12:33 AM by VortecCPI.)
Thank you Tim! Perhaps we should just hide Payment Terms and Due Date when the script is in Credit mode.

Also... Same logic should be applied to PrintCustTransPortrait.php script.
Another thought... I have customers that DEMAND invoice line items exactly match their own for payment to be rendered. In that case I guess we can use line item narratives in webERP. This makes me wonder if the printing of Lot/Batch/Serial data on each line item might need to be optional.

Sorry... I seem to be just adding more and more work...
01-31-2018, 01:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 01:19 AM by VortecCPI.)
One more little find... The spacing for the Freight/Shipping amount is off just a bit. I lowered mine 2 points to correct.

I also see an overlap on my PDF:

So easy to be a critic... Sorry...
01-31-2018, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 01:28 AM by TurboPT.)
The script in post 24 hides terms and due date in preview mode for credits, as that was part of the changes.

For the PDF, the terms (but not the due date) was already set to print for a credit or invoice, but it will be an easy change to hide terms for credits so that it will consistent both ways.

=====

As to the lot/serial printing aspect, that would appear to be critical info to know, but I'm on the fence as to what would be the be best handling for the output. At the moment, the lot/serial info was missing for landscape mode, so at least this brings consistency in that aspect?

To have an option on the lot/serial output would simply be an new idea above achieving consistency?
01-31-2018, 01:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 01:42 AM by VortecCPI.)
(01-31-2018, 01:27 AM)TurboPT Wrote: As to the lot/serial printing aspect, that would appear to be critical info to know, but I'm on the fence as to what would be the be best handling for the output. At the moment, the lot/serial info was missing for landscape mode, so at least this brings consistency in that aspect?

To have an option on the lot/serial output would simply be an new idea above achieving consistency?

This is a tough one and I do not remember from my Shipping/Receiving management days in the mid 80s if such information on Bill of Lading / Packing List was also on Invoice. I guess that would depend upon who was acting on the serial data. When we used to receive Halon 1301 containers those numbers were kept in a log book in Shipping/Receiving only.

When we buy things like hardware and software do we see serial data on the invoices? I guess it really depends on the seller. I just checked a few NewEgg invoices and there is no serial data on the invoices.

Perhaps in a manufacturing environment this is needed but not in a retail and/or resale environment?