Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot numbers not printed in landscape
01-30-2018, 02:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 03:16 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Lot numbers not printed in landscape
Compare the file to the portrait copy of the file, as that is what I was primarily using to match and cross-check. The two files should technically match as only the orientation makes the difference. (the diff will look 'worse' against the 4.14.1 copy)

I'll look back to the Exson change and restore that if needed, and investigate the due date factor.

I did see what Exson added, but the field did not appear to be used (so it was not clear that it was working?), but I'll double check that fact. The same handling was not present in the portrait copy, and that might be an oversight, perhaps?
01-30-2018, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 02:53 AM by VortecCPI.)
Again this is just my OCD kicking in and wanting code to be as consistent as possible. My "mild OCD" can be a curse...

Funny... Way back in the old days I was not all too concerned about coding standards and/or consistency. Then I read MS "Practical Standards for Visual Basic" and my OCD kicked in full. Now all the code I construct is super-tidy and structured and I welcome an audit.

Thank you for all your help Paul!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-30-2018, 03:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 03:29 AM by TurboPT.)
No problem Paul, and thanks for the test/verification help too! I'm not familiar with all areas, but I'm trying to get there as I go.

Let me know how the salesman authority matter goes, whenever you get a chance to check. I'd venture to say, that based on comparison, try the portrait mode too.
01-30-2018, 03:33 AM,
I have been looking at Portrait and it is significantly different. We prefer landscape due to potentially-long narratives but I will continue to look at it.

Right now we are in GO mode so I am a bit wary of changing anything in production but that does not prevent me from testing.

The security code seems to make sense for a salesman login but our salesmen do not have access to webERP because they do all their work in SuiteCRM. I will have to create a test account to check that piece out better.
01-30-2018, 03:38 AM,
(01-30-2018, 03:33 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: I have been looking at Portrait and it is significantly different. We prefer landscape due to potentially-long narratives but I will continue to look at it.

I will have to create a test account to check that piece out better.
Yes, it was a tedious merge between the two files, especially in the last half of the file.
(previously, to the comparing, I meant the file that I attached against the portrait. That will be 'easier' to compare)

I also need to create a test salesman account as well.
01-30-2018, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 04:05 AM by VortecCPI.)
So the new securitycode added salesman.salesmancode to the queries but it is using $myrow['salesman']?

I believe it should be using $myrow['salesmancode'] or we should add/use salesorders.salesperson.

The purpose is to disallow a salesman from seeing sales trans data related to other salesman
01-30-2018, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 04:14 AM by TurboPT.)
That's right, but I did not see any of that handling in the portrait file, which had me questioning that too.

There IS, however, a security check in both files to ensure that it is the correct customer.

I have crossed some other 'quirky' salesman-related handling in other files that I'm also not sure of intent.
01-30-2018, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 05:13 AM by VortecCPI.)
Perhaps these are site-/customer-/implementation-specific changes finding their way in here.

i believe the idea is a customer may belong to a certain Salesman but the Sales Order could belong to another.

I think the idea is a good one but it seems it was never fully checked and completed.

The security code is similar to that found in SelectOrderitems.php:

17/10/23 Exson: Prevent customer from modifying or viewing other customer's order in SelectOrderItems.php and PrintCustTrans.php.
So looks like he may have forgotten to change $myrow['salesman'] to $myrow['salesperson']?
01-30-2018, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 05:55 AM by TurboPT.)
Interesting find in the SelectOrderItems.php file:

The $myrow['salesman'] use there, takes the info from the custbranch info, which is likely the same way that should be done in PrintCustTrans (and the portrait too, which appears to be absent at the moment). So Exson's change from Oct is likely still not needed, as that specific change is not used, but the salesman from the custbranch should be added for that handling to work in the same way as SelectOrderItems.

I'll revert that handling back into the file, and add the necessary elements to make it match the SelectOrderItems.

I'll also check that handling on that in the entire code base to ensure similar handling.
01-30-2018, 06:03 AM,
My OCD is so happy right now...