Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Report Size - Leftover Code?
01-11-2018, 02:53 AM,
RE: User Report Size - Leftover Code?
The A1/2/3/4/5 series is an ISO standard. To quote wikipedia "Today the standard has been adopted by all countries in the world except the United States and Canada. In Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, and the Philippines, the US letter format is still in common use, despite their official adoption of the ISO standard." Sounds a bit like VHS/Betamax Smile

It would be nice to offer the letter format as well. I would be interested to know what happens if you comment out the $PageSize assignment and force it to use Letter size. Do the reports still work?

Tim
01-11-2018, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 03:08 AM by VortecCPI.)
(01-11-2018, 02:53 AM)falkoner Wrote: The A1/2/3/4/5 series is an ISO standard. To quote wikipedia "Today the standard has been adopted by all countries in the world except the United States and Canada. In Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, and the Philippines, the US letter format is still in common use, despite their official adoption of the ISO standard." Sounds a bit like VHS/Betamax Smile

It would be nice to offer the letter format as well. I would be interested to know what happens if you comment out the $PageSize assignment and force it to use Letter size. Do the reports still work?

Tim

In my case my quotations were a mess after commenting out those lines and I think this would require a lot of work.

While I agree it would be nice to have a working Letter format if the majority of webERP users are outside of the USA i don't think it is a big deal. I hate to say that since I live in the USA but I think we need to cater to the majority and work on the minority as time permits.

As far as the two instances we have of Letter that is just an OCD thing on my part...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-11-2018, 08:21 PM,
What I would like to do is to move away from PDF reports altogether (though may be not for invoices/orders etc). These days you can have separate css files for screen and printer, so we could just use html to put a report on the screen, and then print it straight from the browser. Those who still want a PDF version can print to a PDF file if they want. There are many advantages to this, but one is that the browsers printer software will sort out any issues on paper sizes so you can just print to letter or A4 as you please.

Tim