Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter Payment to Vendor
01-06-2018, 10:15 AM,
Enter Payment to Vendor
I tried to enter a payment to a vendor and ran into a couple of problems:

1) It shows the invoices that need to be paid and I can click in a box to include those invoices in the payment. however, when I press "Update", nothing happens.

2) I tried to just enter the information into "Supplier Transactions Payment Entry" section.

However, I get this error:
Database Error 1054 : Cannot insert a payment transaction against the supplier because
Unknown column 'chequeno' in 'field list'

Database SQL Failure : Cannot insert a payment transaction against the supplier using the SQL
INSERT INTO supptrans ( transno, type, supplierno, trandate, inputdate, suppreference, rate, ovamount, transtext, chequeno ) VALUES ('147', 22,'4114','2018-01-05','2018-01-05 17-45-51','Cash','566','-405761','', '')

In looking at the database, I do not have the column chequeno in the supptrans table.

Should I put this column in or is it an error in the script?
01-07-2018, 02:06 AM,
RE: Enter Payment to Vendor
After further investigation, I see that I need to update my database for the newest version of that script to work
01-07-2018, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 02:59 AM by TurboPT.)
What version of web-erp do you have?

I see that the chequeno field is slated for 4.14.2 in the sql files, but this has not yet been released.

Did you happen to independently update the scripts needing that change?

I'm only trying to understand any potential "mix-up" that may have occurred.
01-07-2018, 03:55 AM,
Yes, I downloaded the latest script from SVN the other day. This morning I checked the upgrade database file and noticed the fields are added in the next upgrade. I updated my database. It seemed to work fine.

However the update button when clicking on the invoices in the Payments.php script still does not do anything.
01-07-2018, 05:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 05:41 AM by TurboPT.)
Know that there were changes applied to the Payments.php file after the 4.14.1 release (has supptrans table-related changes, and more) which may also be necessary.

Also know (since you've moved ahead of the current version) that may or may not be the only file needed for the immediate area that you're trying to use.

You can look at the latest Change.log version in SVN to see all the changes that have occurred since 4.14.1.
There have been many since June 26, 2017, and the list currently starts before line 80 in this file.
01-08-2018, 08:10 AM,
What we should really do is return to the days when we kept a stable branch. That is a branch whose root is the last release, but only has bug fixes applied to it and none of the new features. Then people can download scripts with bug fixes without worrying that they corrupt their current code base with new features which could block other areas. Perhaps something you could consider running Paul (Thursby)?

Tim
01-09-2018, 01:25 AM,
(01-08-2018, 08:10 AM)falkoner Wrote: What we should really do is return to the days when we kept a stable branch. That is a branch whose root is the last release, but only has bug fixes applied to it and none of the new features. Then people can download scripts with bug fixes without worrying that they corrupt their current code base with new features which could block other areas. Perhaps something you could consider running Paul (Thursby)?

Tim

I agree that fixes should be separate from new and/or extended features. This would prevent confusion, which we often see with respect to DB schema for example.

It appears we don't really use the typical SVN Tag/Branch/Trunk schema so perhaps we should include fixes in the trunk and new/extended features only in a coming-release branch.

While this is more work I think it would benefit all involved.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-09-2018, 02:10 AM,
It's not too hard to achieve this using git and the git-svn tool. Basically you have two identical branches in Git. One will be the development branch and will mirror the sourceforge svn and the other will hold a "stable branch" for want of a better name.

1 Use git-svn to download to a git repository from sourceforge.
2 Create a second branch in Git to hold bug fixes.
3 use `git-svn pull` to keep the main branch updated
4 use `git cherry-pick` to pull just the bug fix commits from the main branch to the stable.
5 Push to a publicly accessible site (eg Github).
6 When a new release is made drop the stable branch, and create a new one from the main branch.

This requires that developers do not mix bug fixes and new features in single commits (which should always happen but unfortunately doesn't). From personal experience this would only take a few minutes a day to keep up to date, the important thing is just to keep on top of it.

I know several long term webERP users make use of my git recipes to manage their customisations in a way similar to this.

Tim