Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculating shipping cost
12-28-2017, 12:57 AM,
Calculating shipping cost
When entering the delivery details of a Sales Order, There is this button "Recalc Shipping Cost" next to the field "Charge Freight Cost ex tax:"
How does it work? can a shipping matrix per carrier be entered?
12-28-2017, 01:00 AM,
RE: Calculating shipping cost
(12-28-2017, 12:57 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote: When entering the delivery details of a Sales Order, There is this button "Recalc Shipping Cost" next to the field "Charge Freight Cost ex tax:"

i have been through this as well and i hope this time I can give you GOOD data. Sorry about that mess last time with Tax Rates but you helped me catch an error and for that I am very thankful.

Please stand by as I refresh my memory to see if I can help...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-28-2017, 01:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 01:10 AM by HDeriauFF.)
(12-28-2017, 01:00 AM)VortecCPI Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 12:57 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote: When entering the delivery details of a Sales Order, There is this button "Recalc Shipping Cost" next to the field "Charge Freight Cost ex tax:"

i have been through this as well and i hope this time I can give you GOOD data. Sorry about that mess last time with Tax Rates but you helped me catch an error and for that I am very thankful.

Please stand by as I refresh my memory to see if I can help...

I learned more from error than I learned from success :-)

I setup in shipping cost maintenance a test destination being WA with a rate per KG for the FedEx method and tried to place an order for a customer based in WA. Can't get any quote to land in my SO when I click this button...

PS I sent you an InMail to connect on LinkedIn

12-28-2017, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 01:11 AM by VortecCPI.)
Okay...

Setup > Shipping Methods > Enter all Shipping Methods you are going to be using.

Setup > Shipping Costs Maintenance > Select Location and Method and Accept.

Enter pertinent information based upon Destination, which can be as granular as you like. For example you can use State, Zip, Road, etc. The freight calculation will compare Destination to address information until it can find a match. The logic also uses weight and volume for the calculations. Please note in our case volume is in GA (gallons) and you will likely want cubic feet.

I believe I had to add code to allow override of this auto-calc feature.
12-28-2017, 01:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 01:25 AM by HDeriauFF.)
(12-28-2017, 01:08 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: Okay...

Setup > Shipping Methods > Enter all Shipping Methods you are going to be using.

Enter pertinent information based upon Destination, which can be as granular as you like. For example you can use State, Zip, Road, etc. The freight calculation will compare Destination to address information until it can find a match. The logic also uses weight and volume for the calculations. Please note in our case volume is in GA (gallons) and you will likely want cubic feet.

I set it up just in a similar way (with the difference of not fixed rate but per KG and it's not returning any quote...) I need to try with fixed rates

(12-28-2017, 01:18 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 01:08 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: Okay...

I set it up just in a similar way (with the difference of not fixed rate but per KG and it's not returning any quote...) I need to try with fixed rates

it's working with fixed rates, but get an error with weight or volume based calculations...
12-28-2017, 01:27 AM,
Quote:it's working with fixed rates, but get an error with weight or volume based calculations...

I have not tried that but I am looking at the code right now...
12-28-2017, 01:44 AM,
Ok I got it to work. I need to see however if I can get real time quotes from Fedex with a zip code like I have in my shopping cart. Otherwise the configuration seems to be quite insane to enter if I want to be accurate. And Fedex rate increase even more fun to handle...
12-28-2017, 02:12 AM,
I forgot I also made changes to both override the auto-calc cost and to retrieve cost based upon carrier selection.