Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Customer Maintenance: Tax Reference field
12-27-2017, 06:27 AM,
Customer Maintenance: Tax Reference field
What does the "Tax Reference" field from the Customer Maintenance page refer to?
The Manual does not provide any details about this field.

Thanks!
12-27-2017, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 07:09 AM by VortecCPI.)
RE: Customer Maintenance: Tax Reference field
This text string is printed on Invoices and Credit Notes.
Perhaps it is just for reference?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
12-27-2017, 07:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 07:54 AM by HDeriauFF.)
(12-27-2017, 07:06 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: This text string is printed on Invoices and Credit Notes.

Oh I see: it's what we call here in the U.S. the Tax ID number (EIN)

Thanks!
12-27-2017, 07:57 AM,
(12-27-2017, 07:54 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 07:06 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: This text string is printed on Invoices and Credit Notes.

Oh I see: it's what we call here in the U.S. the Tax ID number (EIN)

Thanks!

You are very welcome my USA friend. I am happy to help in any way I can even though I am a webERP novice.

I am currently implementing webERP for a Go-Live so I may have run into some of the same questions you have so keep on asking...
12-27-2017, 08:12 AM,
(12-27-2017, 07:57 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: You are very welcome my USA friend. I am happy to help in any way I can even though I am a webERP novice.

I am currently implementing webERP for a Go-Live so I may have run into some of the same questions you have so keep on asking...

I am testing it for a US distributor of French Food.
WebERP is so far the only only that meet our expectations in terms of multi-currency, UOM, kits as the business is quite particular: we buy fin Euros from manufacturers and sell BOTH wholesale AND retail to businesses tax free and individuals sometimes with tax: fun!
We need to deal with purchases in cases and sales in cases and sometimes less than a case.
I'm still a bit confused with these tax groups and authorities as I get error messages in my invoices that it's not correctly set for the branch...

And I seem to have an affinity for features that are not implemented yet but already present in the system... but don't work yet lol

There is so much to discover...

Thank you for your help it's greatly appreciated!

12-27-2017, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 08:30 AM by VortecCPI.)
(12-27-2017, 08:12 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 07:57 AM)VortecCPI Wrote: You are very welcome my USA friend. I am happy to help in any way I can even though I am a webERP novice.

WebERP is so far the only only that meet our expectations in terms of multi-currency, UOM, kits as the business is quite particular: we buy fin Euros from manufacturers and sell BOTH wholesale AND retail to businesses tax free and individuals sometimes with tax: fun!
We need to deal with purchases in cases and sales in cases and sometimes less than a case.
I'm still a bit confused with these tax groups and authorities as I get error messages in my invoices that it's not correctly set for the branch...

And I seem to have an affinity for features that are not implemented yet but already present in the system... but don't work yet lol

Yes... Taxes! It was very difficult at first for me to grasp but after very careful reading of the manual and some experimentation and verification I got it figured out.

Since I set mine up for USA State Tax would that be helpful to share with you? Below is SQL DUMP of how I set it up for USA and two states:

INSERT INTO `taxauthorities` (`taxid`, `description`, `taxglcode`, `purchtaxglaccount`, `bank`, `bankacctype`, `bankacc`, `bankswift`) VALUES
(1, 'USA State Sales Tax', '2320', '2330', '', '', '', '');

INSERT INTO `taxauthrates` (`taxauthority`, `dispatchtaxprovince`, `taxcatid`, `taxrate`) VALUES
(1, 1, 1, 0.07),
(1, 1, 2, 0),
(1, 1, 4, 0),
(1, 1, 5, 0),
(1, 2, 1, 0.0725),
(1, 2, 2, 0),
(1, 2, 4, 0),
(1, 2, 5, 0);

INSERT INTO `taxcategories` (`taxcatid`, `taxcatname`) VALUES
(1, 'Taxable Supply'),
(2, 'Luxury Items'),
(4, 'Exempt'),
(5, 'Freight');

INSERT INTO `taxgroups` (`taxgroupid`, `taxgroupdescription`) VALUES
(1, 'USA Sales Tax'),
(2, 'USA Exempt');

INSERT INTO `taxgrouptaxes` (`taxgroupid`, `taxauthid`, `calculationorder`, `taxontax`) VALUES
(1, 1, 1, 0);

INSERT INTO `taxprovinces` (`taxprovinceid`, `taxprovincename`) VALUES
(1, 'USA State Sales Tax (FL)'),
(2, 'USA State Sales Tax (NC)');

Is this you: https://www.linkedin.com/in/huguesderiau
12-27-2017, 08:28 AM,
(12-27-2017, 08:16 AM)VortecCPI Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 08:12 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote:

Yes... Taxes! It was very difficult at first for me to grasp but after very careful reading of the manual and some experimentation and verification I got it figured out.

Since I set mine up for USA State Tax would that be helpful to share with you?

That would be very helpful. Still very confusing, even after reading the manual Huh

So far, I defined
one tax province: City of Englewood
one tax authority: NJ Sales Tax

three tax categories: taxable supplies, tax exempt and shipping (not editable)

two tax groups: default and tax exempt

PLEASE DON'T LAUGH Big Grin

12-27-2017, 08:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 08:45 AM by VortecCPI.)
Quote:That would be very helpful. Still very confusing, even after reading the manual Huh

So far, I defined

Please see post above that I edited with SQL code to see if it is of any help...

I guess i should ask if your are confident with SQL code?
12-27-2017, 08:48 AM,
(12-27-2017, 08:36 AM)VortecCPI Wrote:
Quote:That would be very helpful. Still very confusing, even after reading the manual Huh

So far, I defined

Please see post above that I edited with SQL code to see if it is of any help...

I am proficient in SQL thanks a bunch
I'm also proficient in php I already implemented a few hacks that were needed. Still hunting a bad bug on the pick lists though, tough one to crack.

Tax code: I'm not that good haha.

One thing I don't understand: how does the system understand when to tax when in state and not when out of state? nowhere state codes entered in the tax section?

12-27-2017, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 10:03 AM by VortecCPI.)
I got the shipping freight cost calculator figured out as well so if you need any help there please ask. That piece is pretty darn impressive.
(12-27-2017, 08:48 AM)HDeriauFF Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 08:36 AM)VortecCPI Wrote:

So far, I defined

I am proficient in SQL thanks a bunch
I'm also proficient in php I already implemented a few hacks that were needed. Still hunting a bad bug on the pick lists though, tough one to crack.

Tax code: I'm not that good haha.

One thing I don't understand: how does the system understand when to tax when in state and not when out of state? nowhere state codes entered in the tax section?

Tax is solely based upon Warehouse location being used for fulfillment so that is a good question. We sell in the same state our Warehouse is located (for now) so I will have to beat and hack that into submission as well.

On second thought... Let me have another look at that...

Location > Tax Province:
"Since the location represents the physical location from where goods/services are supplied it is important for determining the tax applicable on a sale. The governing tax authority must specified with the location record. It is used in the calculation of the applicable rate of tax in conjunction with the tax authority of the customer branch being delivered to and the tax level of the item being sold."

So it looks as if both are used together? Looking at code now...
After looking at this in greater detail I am no longer confident in my setup!

You may be best to ignore all of the above information... Unfortunately...

We are a Destination-based state, not an Origin-based state...

So it is back to the old Drawing Board for me...

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...=sales+tax

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...=sales+tax