Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract - Retrieval Issue
01-07-2018, 01:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 01:48 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Contract - Retrieval Issue
(01-07-2018, 12:42 AM)falkoner Wrote: Thanks Paul.

Just a note. In the world of open source software it is considered courteous to attribute code to the person who wrote it ☺

Tim
Tim, no problem, I figured that's what I was doing at the end of the comment, or is it that I should replace my name with others at the start of the comment?

Doesn't matter to me, just curious as to which way is preferred to be consistent?
01-07-2018, 02:03 AM,
You attributed Paul's reporting of the issue but not my fix as you have done a few times recently.

It's not a big problem but in some other projects I contribute to such things would get you seriously flamed Smile
01-07-2018, 02:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 02:14 AM by TurboPT.)
Doh Exclamation ... rest assured that it was not intentional to leave you out of the "credits", but I'll keep that in mind with future commits. Big Grin
01-07-2018, 04:24 AM,
I think it is very helpful to include all involved in the fix (within reason like in this case) in case others have questions as to the genesis and resolution.

Perhaps even a link to the post here in this forum when applicable?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
01-07-2018, 05:00 AM,
It is important in the world of open source where people give of their time and energy freely. Also as Paul says it gives traceability of the solution.

As I said before there are other projects I have been involved in where this is taken very seriously. We have never been that bothered in webERP but there have been a few occasions now so I thought I would mention it.
01-07-2018, 12:28 PM,
Yep, agreed, no problem here.

I can easily retro-apply credit-related info (and forum URLs, when applicable) to past commit details.

I'll do a few at a time with future commits to keep the Change.log updates to a minimum for diff comparisons.