Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report builder
12-11-2017, 03:07 PM,
report builder
when I go to the report builder, then to form, dropdown menu to show invoices and packing list. then click continue I get this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in C:\xampp\htdocs\weberp\reportwriter\admin\ReportCreator.php:117 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\weberp\reportwriter\admin\ReportCreator.php on line 117
12-11-2017, 08:19 PM,
RE: report builder
I think you haven't entered a name for the form which is why you are getting this error.

However the error message is not being displayed properly, which I think is a PHP7 issue, but I don't have time at the moment to look too closely into it.

Tim
12-19-2017, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 02:56 PM by TurboPT.)
RE: report builder
I found the issues causing that error ... a very minor thing the way a variable is initialized as a string and not an array.

It is PHP 7.1 related: (I have PHP 7.1.1, and I saw a similar error on a different line number)

php.net Wrote:Note: As of PHP 7.1.0, applying the empty index operator on a string throws a fatal error. Formerly, the string was silently converted to an array.

I'll commit the change in a moment.
Change committed to SVN.