Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order Item Dispatch Issue - SOLVED
11-19-2017, 01:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2017, 11:39 PM by VortecCPI.)
Order Item Dispatch Issue - SOLVED
I have a Sales Order with two items, both of which are controlled but not serialized.

The first item has a quantity of 50 and all works as expected:

The second item has a quantity of 51 and I am stuck. If I click the "Update Batches" button the system goes into some sort of endless loop.

What is the proper procedure in this instance? We will have many line items that will be controlled and have a quantity of up to 275.

Thank you all for any help!
Never mind... I was just looking at the code and I just realized the "File Upload" radio button was selected instead of the "Keyed Entry" radio button.

You know... The more I look at the code and the more I use webERP the more I appreciate and realize all the hard work that went into the design of this system.

Sorry about the self-solved post...

For any users interested you can control this functionality by changing one line of code in "InputSerialItems.php". The rule is managed by the number "50" on line 48 as shown below. In my case I am going to change it to "275" as that is the maximum quantity of product we will ever issue to a customer.

if (!isset($_POST['EntryType']) OR trim($_POST['EntryType']) == ''){
if ($RecvQty <= 50) {
$_POST['EntryType'] = 'KEYED';
} //elseif ($RecvQty <= 50) { $EntryType = "BARCODE"; }
else {
$_POST['EntryType'] = 'FILE';
}
}
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
11-19-2017, 05:52 AM,
RE: Order Item Dispatch Issue
Perhaps this should be set in the system configuration?
11-19-2017, 10:54 PM,
RE: Order Item Dispatch Issue
Many times I hate to even post my critiques/findings because I KNOW this system is so tight. However, new users may not be so apt to figure such things out and it could prove frustrating for them. I have the time and ability to look at the code and figure it out but many others may not have such ability. I would be a shame for a new user to give up and quit because a feature may not be intuitive and obvious. The documentation for webERP is extensive and well written but some things just need a little time to figure out. No different than any other ERP system.

I just did a migration/update from Made2Manage to ECI M1 ERP and even with training much of it could only be figured out by studying before-and-after data snapshots. After a year of working with that system I believe we could have done it with webERP. The only big function it has that webERP does not is Part Revisions. You can have the same Part with multiple revision states, active or inactive. This feature was necessary to support COGS in the ETO/MTO environment.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker