Poll: Some questions...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't like it!
50.00%
1 50.00%
I like this, but those old theme are precious.
0%
0 0%
I like this, those old themes can go!
0%
0 0%
I like this very much!
0%
0 0%
I can't wait to have this theme!!!
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Modern UI Anyone?
11-06-2017, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 07:18 AM by hindraj.)
Rainbow  Modern UI Anyone?
Hi WebERP Fans... I'm working on to modernize the old-fashioned UI Tongue
I also working to make some codes concise and more readable...

Bad news (no so bad), those old themes are going to be left-out Big Grin

Please take a look at the screenshots... let me know how do you like it?

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

11-08-2017, 12:13 AM,
RE: Modern UI Anyone?
I like the icons. Where did you find these?
I recently found a nice icon library at: http://fontawesome.io/icons/

My first impression is that your theme doesn't appear fundamentally different from the existing themes. So why is it necessary to make the existing themes redundant?

Other than your efforts to make some scripts more concise and readable, can your theme be implemented with changes to css only?

Andy.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewcouling
11-09-2017, 12:29 PM,
(11-08-2017, 12:13 AM)afcouling Wrote: I like the icons. Where did you find these?
I recently found a nice icon library at: http://fontawesome.io/icons/

My first impression is that your theme doesn't appear fundamentally different from the existing themes. So why is it necessary to make the existing themes redundant?

Other than your efforts to make some scripts more concise and readable, can your theme be implemented with changes to css only?

Andy.

Hi, I hunted them on google.
Thanks for sharing your icons resources.

Ok, I'll give you more updates later...

11-17-2017, 10:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2017, 10:15 PM by VortecCPI.)
Having theme choices, especially modern ones, is nice but not nearly as important as having rock-solid features and functions.

The themes for webERP are simple and get the job done. As far as features and functions webERP has a good GL system with COGS and MRP and you will not find that in any other OS LAMP solution.

On the other hand... If you are presenting OS ERP solutions my guess is some potential users will be put off by webERP's simple themes. Many users are deeply influenced by the look and feel of applications while completely ignoring more important aspects of the solution(s).

In my case I presented Dolibarr and webERP to my business partner. I have used Dolibarr before and it is a good system but is very light in terms of good GL functionality. What it does have is a polished UI, intuitive usage, and many modules. I presented both in an effort to be objective even though I knew webERP was the best fit. He said exactly what I expected to hear: "Dolibarr sure looks a lot better but which one does a better job with GL, MRP, and Lot/Batch/Serial number tracking?" I said "webERP is the better fit for our needs but I have a little more experience with Dolibarr and related integrations with the same.". He said "Who cares what it looks like as long as it manages the data we need managed. I agree we should use webERP."

I also looked at the FrontAccounting fork but it falls short on features we need. While it retains webERP's GL system and has a nice UI it is missing MRP and Lot/Batch/Serial number tracking, among many other nice things. It is a nice lightweight system and likely suits a lot of users with lesser needs.

Again I have witnessed many users (not owners) are more concerned with look and feel than features, advantages, and benefits so a new modern theme for webERP will likely be a very good thing...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eclipsepaulbecker
11-18-2017, 03:34 AM,
This is something that has been discussed a lot over the years, and I have devoted a lot of thought and analysis to it. There are two aspects to the UI design, first is "prettiness" and second is "usability".

Prettiness shouldn't be discounted as frippery it is important and we have always struggled getting people to take the application seriously because it just looks old fashioned. I have said many times over the years it would be great to get a professional UI designer on board to tell us how it should look. As a designer I make a great accountant Big Grin

Usability is something I have studied a lot. In most of Africa, English or French is the language of business, but isn't the first language of many of the people. This means the users are using an interface written in their second or even third language, and when we are training them they frequently look bewildered at the options available. Many of the fields available simply don't apply to them, and serve simply to confuse. I did experiment a while back in making the screens configurable, so that it would be possible to only show options that apply to that user. This used JavaScript but the problem was that the changes to every script were just too much. I recently had a discussion with an Indian developer who was also looking into making webERP do this. The problem is how to do this without really invasive changes to every script. I had an idea of doing it via custom css files but not had a chance to progress this idea.

Tim