Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multi currency, multi discount.
01-26-2013, 03:54 PM,
Thumbs Up  multi currency, multi discount.
Hello world.

I just installed a vanilla instance of weberp, use the online manual and started customization. So far all good until now.

We are a tech savvy manufacturer and I have a few questions seeking for your help.

Currently I am working with Excel, word and an online invoicing system, but it is time to get more professional. Here my question(s) and hope for your input.

I am serving the domestic market using CAD as currency, but also sell outside my country using USD.

My customers are divided in three groups:
- shops
- resellers
- Distributors

Product A has a sales price of $6 CAD, but also a sales price of $5 USD.

Distributors are receiving 40% discount of the price list. Resellers are receiving 25% discount. Shops no discount.

So far I have six (3x2) price lists in Excel.

Here my questions:

- can i give item A multiple sales prices? $6 CAD and $5 USD?
- can i add item A to multiple price lists?
- using the discount matrix, creating two discounts (25/40), setting the quantity to 1 will help me to archive my discounts. Correct?

I thank weberb for a good product.

-s2k1
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM by phil.)
RE: multi currency, multi discount.
Yes you can have any number of price lists abnd each price list can have any number of currencies. You don't need to use the discount matrix to setup this. Price lists are called salez type in weberp. Each customer is defined as using a particular sales type and currency. Even using a single sales type the different prices for the different currencies can be set.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
01-28-2013, 01:39 PM,
RE: multi currency, multi discount.
(01-27-2013, 08:07 PM)phil Wrote: Yes you can have any number of price lists abnd each price list can have any number of currencies. You don't need to use the discount matrix to setup this. Price lists are called salez type in weberp. Each customer is defined as using a particular sales type and currency. Even using a single sales type the different prices for the different currencies can be set.

Thanks Phil, I ll look into it!