Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amazon Web Services - Machine Image
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM,
Amazon Web Services - Machine Image
I'm not a techie but am looking for an Open Source ERP system and I have to say this looks very effective and just what I need.

I could spend the time learning how to install webERP myself on a "local" machine but think my time is better spent elsewhere.

In terms of the webERP community and their obvious efforts and bringing this to a wider audience etc is there any sense that providing a webERP AWS machine image would be of benefit?

I could see a situation where, if this was available, I could simply go to an IT provider and get them to setup a cloud system, using the provided (current release) AMI.

Interested to get a sense from the community as to whether this is a good idea or not.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Thanks.
12-09-2012, 06:58 PM,
RE: Amazon Web Services - Machine Image
Hi ggeko4,
Yes definitely, I think a AWS image would be very handy for people to use.

I'm using one with the year long free AWS service as a remote UniFI wifi controller, and it's great.

If you do create a Web-erp AWS image, please let us all know where it is.

Cheers
Terry
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM,
Thank you ... I like this forum very much because it is very informative ...
06-21-2013, 03:07 AM,
ggeko4,

In the following I'm not trying to sell anything, just trying add some information.

On my end, I'm running webERP on my own VPS server (I have an account with dotblock.com).

Actually I do have a reseller account, which means that I can provide full hosting accounts (cpanel accounts). If you were interested, I could certainly host a webERP installation for you. You could either use your own domain name, or one of my subdomains.

There would be little risk for you since webERP is based on MySQL, so if for whichever reason you would not be happy, you could very easily move the installation to another provider. As for webERP hosting, you probably want somebody who knows about it. Most hosting companies will offer you hosting space, but usually they do not support 3rd party software (like webERP).

But again, I'm not trying to sell anything, just adding some "food for thought".
MacPhotoBiker
Just Core Business Inc.
[url]http://www.justcorebusiness.com[/url]
02-17-2019, 06:24 PM,
MacPhotoBiker,
Could you please set up my hosting as you have a reseller account, along with you are telling you are well aware of webERP, so please give me a favor. Tell me what will be the charges to do this.

Kind Regards,
Amanda.
customdeluxeboxes.com is the leading Printing firm in the USA.