Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Orders and Quotations
07-13-2017, 01:59 PM,
Sales Orders and Quotations
Hi, my name is Facundo Bustos. I am implementing the webERP system in my brother's company. We started a few weeks ago and we are trying to start to use the quotation and sales orders system. We have modified the PDF's and some things for our comodity but we have a big problem. We are from Argentina and here, the packing sheet (pre-printed) its a legal document and we need the numeration of this document be different of the numeration of quotations.

As you know, the numbering of quotations and sales orders share the same value in the database, at the table "salesorders", the value "orderno". We are trying to create a new numeration for separate the order sales of the quotation, any idea can be very helpful.

Thanks and excuse me for my english.
07-13-2017, 06:04 PM,
RE: Sales Orders and Quotations
Unfortunately in weberp the quotation is just a stage of the sales order rather than being a separate document, so what you are asking involves for is quite a lot of work.

It is probably easiest to create a whole new script and database table to do this, though you would be able to use the sales order stuff as a template.

Tim
07-14-2017, 05:09 AM,
Hi falkoner, thanks for your answer

I think the only thing we need is a variable that increases each time a sales order is created, or a quote becomes a sales order. I guess the code for this increase should be included in DeliveryDetails.php after the section where a sales order differs from a quote. The only use we would give to that variable is to print it in the PDFs of the packaging sheet (pre-printed). My question is: should I save the value of that variable in the database? Or is there a way to not have to use the database?
07-14-2017, 08:09 AM,
Ah so what you are suggesting is that when the user selects "Quotation Only" in DeliveryDetails.php then the next quotation number is added into a new field in the salesorders table? If "Quotation Only" is not set then the sales order number could go into this field.

Sounds feasible let me think if there are any repercussions.

Tim
07-14-2017, 10:54 AM,
(07-14-2017, 08:09 AM)falkoner Wrote: Ah so what you are suggesting is that when the user selects "Quotation Only" in DeliveryDetails.php then the next quotation number is added into a new field in the salesorders table? If "Quotation Only" is not set then the sales order number could go into this field.

Sounds feasible let me think if there are any repercussions.

Tim

Exactly, but we do not care about the quote number, it is not important for us, we just need the sales order number to always be continuous, to be increased one by one.
07-14-2017, 04:43 PM,
(07-14-2017, 10:54 AM)facubustos Wrote: Exactly, but we do not care about the quote number, it is not important for us, we just need the sales order number to always be continuous, to be increased one by one.

Is it not already?
08-05-2017, 05:30 PM,
Dear Facundo Bustos,

This is nothing related to your query.But want to mention about our company so that it can help you in your need time.

Emaginationz Technologies is WebERP Implementation services company based in India.We have implemented WebERP to more than 5 customers and we are looking to increase our service to customers in other business sector.

http://emaginationz.net/erpsolutions.php

We are ready to serve your request any time.

You can contact us through mail or Skype.

Mail ID : neewgowtham2014@gmail.com

Our costing is below market level compared to other companies.Have a try once with us then we will be your long term development team.

Best Regards,
Gowtham

08-06-2017, 12:47 AM,
Others may disagree but personally I have always found that one of the best ways to advertise your services is to contribute to the project by helping people on the mailing lists and forums, and/or contributing code.

Tim
01-06-2018, 05:37 PM,
Hi falkoner, thanks for sharing information.
https://giddh.com/
02-17-2019, 06:08 PM,
(07-13-2017, 06:04 PM)falkoner Wrote: Unfortunately in weberp the quotation is just a stage of the sales order rather than being a separate document, so what you are asking involves for is quite a lot of work.

It is probably easiest to create a whole new script and database table to do this, though you would be able to use the sales order stuff as a template.

Tim

Thanks, It's Working for me.
customdeluxeboxes.com is the leading Printing firm in the USA.